MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Early SS skull

Article about: Hello, this skull appears to be stamped but there is a little area around the upper side of the nose I'm not sure about,also is this brass or nickel silver. Original? Thanks in advance, Vinc

Default Early SS skull

Hello, this skull appears to be stamped but there is a little area around the upper side of the nose I'm not sure about,also is this brass or nickel silver. Original?
    Thanks in advance, Vince
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early SS  skull  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early SS  skull
    P
    Many

?

Hello, that is a tough call to make. It looks like nicely stamped skull produced on a die with clean sheared edges but that defect around the nasal cavity is problematic. Any chance of getting a closeup of this area ? I own many examples of these type of skull in different finishes and metals and none have that defect. Also the splints or prongs seem very wide. I do know some of the early versions had some wide splints but those look off to me. Wait for some more opinions, I tend to be paranoid about these things and find fault with any anomaly. They are making some realistic copies these days. Here are mine for visual comparison.

Al

Early SS  skull

Early SS  skull

It's original
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early SS  skull  

?

There you go, buy it with confidence

Thanks for the replies I'm just leary about this one with no patina and the metal isn't what I' m used to seeing. Vince

?

I get it, I don't buy something if I'm leary about it because it will always bother you. But just keep in mind that these were produced during different periods in all types of finishes and metals. here is one of mine in nickel with a matte finish with similar attachments. I'm not trying to convince you just demonstrating the variety. There are many of these skulls available so wait for one that you feel good about.

Early SS  skullEarly SS  skull

Early SS  skull

Early SS  skull

PHOTO COURTESY OF FRIEDRICH-BERTHOLD