Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Early SS skull

Article about: Hello all! SS skull is fake? Please opinions.

?

Default Early SS skull

Hello all!
    SS skull is fake? Please opinions.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early SS skull   Early SS skull  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early SS skull
    P
    Many

IMO, original skull, marked S.T. & L. RZM (Steinhauer & Lück).
    For more information and comparisons, read the thread from our forum.
    S.T.&L. Skull & Eagle
    Regards,Jannis.
    Last edited by johanis1860; 09-25-2021 at 10:14 PM.

Dos
    ?

Yes an original example by the maker Steinhauer & Lück aus Lüdenscheid. It has resoldered pins with still almost all of the Neusilber finish left. There are some points of interest on this marked Danziger Skull, and it matches with known originals. Below are some photos of my set, Both eagle and skull are marked ST. & L.L. RZM.

Early SS skullEarly SS skull

?

Many thanks!

What I find strange is that after this skull was sold it was immediately removed from the site. Its strange because usually items stay on sold for a long time. Then days later another skull same type unissued condition shows up again for sale. Am I being praranoid or is there something to it?
    Vince

Quote by Vincent View Post
    What I find strange is that after this skull was sold it was immediately removed from the site. Its strange because usually items stay on sold for a long time. Then days later another skull same type unissued condition shows up again for sale. Am I being praranoid or is there something to it?
    Vince
    Interesting point Vince. I purchased the second skull that arrived yesterday, will post pics later. Aldo also pointed out to me, these items being removed from the site right after sale from this seller. Not just skulls, I purchased an eagle that was removed at the time of sale. I noticed he has been doing this with all items recently. There are a couple very fine peices that have been left up and marked as sold. I attribute this to possibly making the site more appealing, leaving up some "eye candy" so potential buyers will check back often. Of course this is just a theory of mine..

sometimes they disappear immediately after the sale at the request of the buyer, since at that moment it becomes their private object and therefore they may not want to share images of it.

the same or very similar Currently here and I do not assume responsibility for its authentication, the countdown is on.
    I am not the seller , I only inform.

Early SS skull
    Early SS skull
    Early SS skull

link

LOT OF 2 WWII GERMAN THIRD REICH SS TOTENKOPF PINS (#5443) on Oct 01, 2021 | Affiliated Auctions in FL
    Jedem das Seine

Ok thanks guys. It was done to me once when a dealer sent me a skull that was different than the one posted, claimed he couldn’t find it. So I’m a little leery of this behavior. Vince

?

Thank you "another ant", I managed to get these for very little. I had seen this auction but it was filled with so much fake material I missed these two little hidden gems. I know you have little faith in some of these "Danziger's" but I love collecting them. These look right as rain to me and for a small investment I will take a chance. The red forum would say "they are shiny therefore no good." their loss my gain. false narratives are perpetuated both ways, original unorthodox items are sometimes condemned as fakes while often times fakes are lauded as authentic by the so called experts to maintain the integrity of their collections. Thanks for the heads up.

Al.
    Regards, Al

Quote by Aldo View Post
    Thank you "another ant", I managed to get these for very little. I had seen this auction but it was filled with so much fake material I missed these two little hidden gems. I know you have little faith in some of these "Danziger's" but I love collecting them. These look right as rain to me and for a small investment I will take a chance. The red forum would say "they are shiny therefore no good." their loss my gain. false narratives are perpetuated both ways, original unorthodox items are sometimes condemned as fakes while often times fakes are lauded as authentic by the so called experts to maintain the integrity of their collections. Thanks for the heads up.

Al.
    Hello Al.
    Many of us has or still uses both forums as an information database.
    In the last years also follow the red forum.
    I have observed that good early skulls are often declared as cast fakes by a certain member without any reaction from other members.
    Over time, this generates wrong opinion and in the near future it will be a big problem for newer or future skull collectors to find out the correct information.
    For me, that's the problem.
    Regards, Jannis.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast