Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help identify a couple different patterns please

Article about: I stumbled onto a couple different skulls online. These I have not studied at all, the one I've never even seen before. Can anyone help shine some light as to what the gold one is? As always

Default Help identify a couple different patterns please

I stumbled onto a couple different skulls online. These I have not studied at all, the one I've never even seen before. Can anyone help shine some light as to what the gold one is? As always, thanks so much for your time.
    Dan

This one I am familiar with, in fact I have one in my collection from a trusted dealer. I was more curious if this is authentic or not.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help identify a couple different patterns please   Help identify a couple different patterns please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help identify a couple different patterns please
    P
    Many

This one I have no idea, never seen this pattern before. Not even sure if it is german or not, let alone authentic. Can anyone tell me what this is? Thanks

Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help identify a couple different patterns please   Help identify a couple different patterns please  

Both are non SS related skulls.
    The first one is a Brunswick type skull.
    For more infos look at Aldos threard:
    Brunswick Skull
    Aldo is your man,he will definitely know more about the second skull.
    Regards,Jannis.

Thank you Jannis

Actually, when comparing the 1st photo of the brunswick with Aldos example and the one that I own, the nasel cavity is definitely not the same. I wonder if there are different variations of this pattern or if this is a cast. Or both?

I can't speak about originality, prefer to wait for the opinion of more experienced collectors like me.
    I add my skull,mine has its nose closed.
    Regards, Jannis.
    Help identify a couple different patterns please Help identify a couple different patterns please

Thanks for sharing yours Jannis. As I haven't seen many of these, didn't realize there are different variations of it as well. I continue to learn..

Its true,many maker with different variations.
    Jannis.

?

Dan, I'm not that proficient in these Brunswick skulls despite having a few examples. There are all kinds of variations but yours looks suspect to me. The reverse edges look very thick in appearance and the front of the badge looks like it has small bumps and irregularities associated with a cast fake. These are heavily faked. You should post this on a separate thread in the Imperial or TR forum with the title Brunswick or Braunschweig skull for more opinions.

Good Luck, Al

?

I think the small skull is supposed to be some type of Russian Kornilov army skull as worn on a cap cockade. It looks similar, maybe a variation but at least it's an avenue to explore. I can't speak on authenticity as these types of skulls are very rare. you should also post this on the Imperial or Russian forum as a separate thread for more opinions.

Regards, Al

Assault and attack parts of the Russian army in the First World War. Part of 3

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast