Miro-militaria.com - Top
Display your banner here

Hit the trifecta with something special!

Article about: Ive been somewhat lucky lately, finding some rare tk varients. First was a beautiful d&sm ges gesh deschler, followed by a lovely Lorioli. Yesterday found another rare gem. These are the

Default Hit the trifecta with something special!

Ive been somewhat lucky lately, finding some rare tk varients. First was a beautiful d&sm ges gesh deschler, followed by a lovely Lorioli. Yesterday found another rare gem. These are the sellers pics, more to follow!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hit the trifecta with something special!   Hit the trifecta with something special!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hit the trifecta with something special!
    P
    Many

?

Dan, I have my reservations about this one. I don't own an S.P. 40 or ever handled one but this looks like a cast piece to me. I hope I'm wrong. Look at the pin mounts, one solid piece, no crimp. Eye sockets also exhibit the extra inner rim seen on castings. I hope I am wrong as I have little to no experience with this type. Let see what others say.

Al
    Regards, Al

Quote by Aldo View Post
    Dan, I have my reservations about this one. I don't own an S.P. 40 or ever handled one but this looks like a cast piece to me. I hope I'm wrong. Look at the pin mounts, one solid piece, no crimp. Eye sockets also exhibit the extra inner rim seen on castings. I hope I am wrong as I have little to no experience with this type. Let see what others say.

Al
    Thanks Al. In the description said one pin with old repair, so at some point it was resoldered. I'm at work now but will try to get a hold of Sid later and see what he thinks. Hopefully others will chime in as well. I have no experience with these either

Another Ant, I trust your opinion as well. Thoughts?

?

My point is that some early Deschlers have the pins soldered directly to the reverse but why add an imaginary box around it. It seems to me it's just the mold of the original crimped box.

Regards, Al

I cannot find another image in cupal, here is a couple in aluminum
    Attached Images Attached Images Hit the trifecta with something special!  Hit the trifecta with something special!  Hit the trifecta with something special!  Hit the trifecta with something special! 

CBH
    ?

The teeth are different than the aluminum example above, also looks like some inclusions on the skull of the OP.

Al thank you for pointing out the flaws that I had overlooked my friend, you have a well trained eye. I had also contacted another expert in the field and he agrees this is 100% a cast reproduction. Thank all of you gentlemen, I almost made a big mistake. Put this one to bed, its a repro..

...And Sid just confirmed our suspicions, 100% cast fake..