Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Late war assman skull and eagle set

Article about: These skulls are controversial I know, but I like them, and have been searching for an example for months. Finally have stumbled onto one with a nice matching eagle at a fair price. Of cours

Default Late war assman skull and eagle set

These skulls are controversial I know, but I like them, and have been searching for an example for months. Finally have stumbled onto one with a nice matching eagle at a fair price. Of course I jumped on it. All prongs present and looks to be in good shape. Although many collectors dismiss these as post war, I'm still happy to add these to my collection. More pics to follow when they arrive!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Late war assman skull and eagle set   Late war assman skull and eagle set  

Late war assman skull and eagle set   Late war assman skull and eagle set  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Late war assman skull and eagle set
    P
    Many

Congrats!

Very nice, well done.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Nice Assmann matching pair.

Quote by Buster1 View Post
    These skulls are controversial I know, Although many collectors dismiss these as post war
    Those collectors would have to update the data to have a true opinion about these not controversial skulls supported by more than a personal opinion based on nothing.

1- MANUFACTURING
    the same manufacturing process of those times and therefore the same manufacturing errors.

2- UNEARTH FINDS
    many of these skulls are have been found in different excavation sites .
    Here is an example of each Assmann, ges.gesch and unmarked and their color reaction to the product to stop the zinc pest , identical.

3- DOCUMENTS
    Catalog insignias were found in the depot of COINDEROUX , french producer of metal insignias .
    zinc électro décapé
    3 tiges découpées

4- VETERANS FIND
    These pieces are part of an accumulation of objects that a Veteran was in the 2nd Infantry Div 9th Regiment, I Company, was releasing from the bad guys captured.

5- SAMPLE IN PHOTOGRAPH

There are other skulls that are applauded as authentic with no proof apart from unfounded opinions and that if you study them thoroughly you will see that 2 + 2 does not give 4 but the three prongs skull is not one of them.

I hope this helps.
    Jedem das Seine

Dos
    ?

Nice set Dan, Congrats. Another Ant points out a few good things about this skull And I agree with him. There are more serious collectors that have done enough research on these late war Assmann skulls to determine their authenticity. I have been reading all of the information what is available the past few years on this skull and it makes me think these are original too. I’ve seen more of these being worn in period photographs. Sometimes the contour of the skull gets interupted from distance by these one piece attachments that pull a bit outwards.

-Dos

CBH
    ?

I’ve read that many early fake SS caps used this style of TK as apparently they where more readily available at the time. This might have had caused the confusion regarding the their originality, but these are real late war issue TK’s.

Thank you gentlemen, your input is always greatly appreciated

The set arrived a couple days ago , here is a couple pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Late war assman skull and eagle set   Late war assman skull and eagle set