Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Lett skull

Article about: Hello ! The skull looks convincingly good. But I want to make sure if it is original? A lot of Lett skulls have turned out to be fakes lately. Thank you for your help

Default Lett skull

Hello ! The skull looks convincingly good. But I want to make sure if it is original? A lot of Lett skulls have turned out to be fakes lately. Thank you for your help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lett skull   Lett skull  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lett skull
    P
    Many

I like it

?

I see no obvious issues either. Here is a good thread with several examples. Forum member "another ant" seems to be knowledgeable about these

Lett ss skull
    Regards, Al

CBH
    ?

Could you please post a photo of the Latvian fakes, it would be helpful to know what they look like.

?

Fellow forum member another ant is unable to respond directly but he provided me a detailed explanation as to why he believes the O/P skull to be a copy. I trust his judgment and would pass on this

"In the link that Aldo provides you can see the differences between these
    high end fakes and the authentic ones
    The main characteristics that differentiate them are
    - the prongs are located in a middle position
    - They never have the definition of the authentic ones, they always seem blurry without details marked as the authentic ones
    - They are thicker and heavier than the authentic ones
    - in these fakes, aluminum flare pod casings were used to make them (some appear with a 1944 to give more truth to the lie)
    - the first one for sale appeared in 2015, I think to introduce it in the market
    - then they appeared in large quantities on ratisbons and other sites 2 or 3 years ago and at below market prices
    - You will never find them before these dates in photos from allazgo or forums, the originals yes.

It is my opinion and my thoughts, the OP skull is one of these fakes.

I repeat, look at the link that Aldo posted and I think the differences are clear and evident."
    Regards, Al

?

Based on the observations of "another ant" I would say these are examples of the fakes infiltrating otherwise reputable websites

Lett skullLett skull

Lett skull

Lett skullLett skull

Lett skullLett skull
    Regards, Al