Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

M1/52

Article about: Was hoping to get opinions on this m1/52. My inexperienced eye can't tell if its a copy or not. Thanks ahead for any info. Dan

Default M1/52

Was hoping to get opinions on this m1/52. My inexperienced eye can't tell if its a copy or not. Thanks ahead for any info.

Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1/52   M1/52  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M1/52
    P
    Many

it's a reproduction

Thank you sir

?

Hello Dan, my eyes were the same about 3 years ago. I couldn't tell one from another but with patience and constant study of photographs you will train your eyes. Once you get a hold of a real one then your eyes really open up. I still have trouble sometimes with the better fakes but this is a very obvious fake. In time you'll see it too. When in doubt, carlsson will set you straight. Good luck, Al

Thank you Carlson and Aldo. I do have a few real ones purchased from John T. And my very first purchase was a eagle and skull set that was just a horrible fake. The seller ripped me off and would not refund my money, a very expensive lesson. After that I found this site and will not make that same mistake again. I keep the fake as a reference but it is a very poor copy and is obvious to me now. These "good" fakes are still very difficult for me to identify as such. Thank you good folks for helping people like me to steer away from the con artists

Dan

When comparing mine to the second photo in question, I see a difference in the line that separates the m1 and 52. The line in the fake is almost vertical whereas its at a 45 degree angle on an original. Thats about the only obvious difference I spot right away. The subtle differences I am still trying to learn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1/52