Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Matching aluminum deschler skull and eagle set

Article about: I've got a lead on this aluminum deschler set that was removed intact from a cap. The seller is firm on the price and it is a bit steep, so was hoping to get opinions on this before pulling

Default Matching aluminum deschler skull and eagle set

I've got a lead on this aluminum deschler set that was removed intact from a cap. The seller is firm on the price and it is a bit steep, so was hoping to get opinions on this before pulling the trigger. Thanks ahead for any comments
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Matching aluminum deschler skull and eagle set   Matching aluminum deschler skull and eagle set  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Matching aluminum deschler skull and eagle set
    P
    Many

?

I like them. I just wonder why someone would remove them from a cap... When it belongs there? Perhaps for a better sell value?

Thats a good point. Perhaps the cap was in really bad shape?

They look like authentic pieces and I could almost assure you, but with those bad photos and what seem like anomalies, many experts would send them to the fake opinion in no time.

the eagle does not appear to be aluminum.
    maybe ,it looks like a RZM SS 155/36 - E. W. Assmann & Söhne of prongs hooked directly to the part.

The skull seems that if it is a Deschler aluminum with a less common brand rzm big and low position m1 / 52 but authentic, but it seems to have had a misalignment in the die strike that could have caused a failure in the right part, the part of the nose and eye in front and a double or displaced 2 in the rear.

I advise you to ask for much more detailed and clear photos of each piece separately and you can assess whether those small defects
    could influence the final price.

I hope this helps.
    Jedem das Seine

Dos
    ?

I agree with another ant that more detailed pictures would help authenticate this piece. Although I have never handled an aluminium Deschler before.. I did study a lot of real ones by pics and the small defects do concern me too. The finish on most examples that I have seen, from ground dug, bad storage, worn or mint seem to differentiate as well. Please wait for other opinions from members like Aldo en Carlsson that are more active here and know their skulls and eagles. There are also some members here that own aluminium deschlers that maybe can comment on this one, and of course the ones that are most missed because of their knowledge that don’t comment so often anymore. I can’t comment on the eagle..

Best regards,

Dos