Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Miniature planchet

Article about: Hello all. I picked this little guy up a while back. Not sure if its even SS related so if it needs to moved to a different section of the forum, mods please do so. I picked it up from a ver

Default Miniature planchet

Hello all.

I picked this little guy up a while back. Not sure if its even SS related so if it needs to moved to a different section of the forum, mods please do so. I picked it up from a very well respected dealer, and I have no doubt of its authenticity. Unfortunately I am not able to reach John and his website is down due to illness, hopefully he is OK.

Anyhow this peice is tiny, not much bigger then a pea. Ive tried looking it up and not sure I'm even using the correct terminology. It was listed as a miniature planchet. There are no signs of ever having prongs, no idea how was attached or worn, where it was worn, or even if it WAS worn on clothing or not.

Does anyone have any idea what this little fella is? As always, thanks for any input!

Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images Miniature  planchet  Miniature  planchet 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Miniature  planchet
    P
    Many

I think that it is a Brunswick style totenkopf and not SS related.

Check out this thread ( especially pg2 )

Brunswick Skull
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    I think that it is a Brunswick style totenkopf and not SS related.

Check out this thread ( especially pg2 )

Brunswick Skull
    Thank you sir.
    Yes, the skull in question looks exactly like Aldos stick pin skull in post # 11 in that thread. The size, shape and features all match. But my skull has no signs of a stick or any other attachments ever being affixed to it. I wonder what these stick pins were used for. Maybe my example was meant to be sewn onto something?

I've asked Aldo to take a look. I'm sure that he can answer your questions
    better than I can
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Dan, definitely authentic Brunswick style miniature skull. I believe it is an unfinished piece meant to be attached to a stickpin or perhaps other insignia. I run across unfinished items all the time in Spanish Militaria and sometimes referred to as "planchete", not really sure what that refers to other than a mold or stamp to an unfinished product. I'm sure John Telesmanich can answer your question better when he reopens his site
    What Is the Difference between a Coin Planchet in a Coin Blank?

Thanks Al.
    I've never seen anything like this in use or a pic for reference so this little guy has me stumped

Default Check the skull pin in the center

Miniature  planchet

"Photo courtesy of Robin Lumsden."
    Last edited by rbminis; 02-20-2021 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Added photo credits.

If you are going to post someone else's photos, please give credit where it is due.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Sorry I had this photo in my archives, couldnt remember where i got it. I didnt mean to cause offense I'm very sorry. Vince

Thank you Vince, chopperman and Al. Well it looks like I have a stickless stick pin. What did they use these for?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast