Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Minty Unmarked TK

Article about: My first acquisition of the year is this minty unmarked Totenkopf. I have one other in my collection that has taken on a very dark patina. I've taken photo's of both for contrast. I also inc

Perfect Fotos, very nice skulls.
    Leibhusaren Photos have to wait a little, as I have a lot of work last days.
    Regards
    Finn
    Last edited by rbminis; 02-17-2022 at 02:04 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Minty Unmarked TK
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

The Collectors Guild has one of these in there new update.

?

I had a short break in collecting since 2008, it interesting to see what has turned up since then, but I don't recall this type was documented or known in 2008. I have ordered the Reznik book to update my knowledge

?

Quote by Putzi View Post
    I had a short break in collecting since 2008, it interesting to see what has turned up since then, but I don't recall this type was documented or known in 2008. I have ordered the Reznik book to update my knowledge

I agree somewhat, I'm still not 100% convinced of this type as more and more untouched perfect examples are suddenly popping up frequently. The earliest thread I see covering this unmarked skull is from 2012 on the forum. perhaps there are others I haven't seen. As for the Resnik book, I don't think you'll learn anything else about the unmarked skull. As I stated earlier in this thread all the info is garnered from our very own forum pages including the image in the book. If in fact if we have been unknowingly authenticating a fake skull, the book only served to further this notion. Even though I have mostly accepted it as authentic, I have no proof or documentation other than the look and feel of the item and the thumbs up from some of our esteemed advanced collectors. I think the jury is still out on this for most skeptical collectors.

Unmarked SS skull: maker?
    Last edited by Aldo; 02-19-2022 at 08:26 PM.
    Regards, Al

?

Quote by CBH View Post
    The Collectors Guild has one of these in there new update.
    Thanks Chris, here it is for visual reference.

Minty Unmarked TKMinty Unmarked TK
    Credit: Collector's Guild
    Regards, Al

I think those could be a tailor's batch found, all those I have seen lately are for sure from same producer, so it would fit such story, but who knows for sure ? The fact is, those are perfectly made, stamped, silvered from a paint gun or something and unissued. And according to few in collections and to knowledge in the post Aldo has linked -they do exist. I like them to be honest.

?

A nice thread depicting an unmarked scull in situ....

Minty Unmarked TK
    Credit: Krisse

SS EM/NCO Visor
    Regards, Al

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3