Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

New collector looking for help authenticating this skull

Article about: I have found this ss skull i am thinking about buying. From all the research i have done i think it is legit. But i would like a second opinion. Thanks in advance

Default New collector looking for help authenticating this skull

I have found this ss skull i am thinking about buying. From all the research i have done i think it is legit. But i would like a second opinion. Thanks in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New collector looking for help authenticating this skull   New collector looking for help authenticating this skull  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New collector looking for help authenticating this skull
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

I think it’s a good original, but it has holes drilled through the top for sewing to the hat. This will probably negatively affect value to some degree.
    Wait for Aldo to give you his opinion, he knows he’s TK’s.

?

I agree looks like a good one despite the blurry photo's. It's a shame the attachments snapped off and the holes were drilled but it still has value in this crazy overpriced market. Here are a few of mine of the same type for visual comparison

New collector looking for help authenticating this skullNew collector looking for help authenticating this skull

New collector looking for help authenticating this skullNew collector looking for help authenticating this skull
    Regards, Al

Jeez, these things are so evil and beautiful looking at the same time!

Your examples are awesome, Aldo.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Jeez, these things are so evil and beautiful looking at the same time!

Your examples are awesome, Aldo.

Green
    Thanks, those are the zinc models. Here's a thing of beauty, a pristine set of Zimmermann's in cupal (Aluminum /Copper )

Regards, Al

MAP
    ?

Wonder who drilled the holes? The soldier as a repair? Or a vet who ripped it off a visor and sewed it to a display board?

Certainly affect the value but does add a bit of unique history
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

With the pins so low on the badge, it does make sense to sew the top in position, for a little more support. Could well have been done at the time, I should think.
    It would be a rare period photograph that showed such a detail!

Thanks for the help everyone! Im going to try to make a deal on it