Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Old Danziger Skull

Article about: Hello Everyone, This is my latest acquisition. Picked it up cheap on auction with very shady and out of focus pictures provided. The gamble turned out great and i love it! The patina with th

Dos
    ?

Default Old Danziger Skull

Hello Everyone,

This is my latest acquisition. Picked it up cheap on auction with very shady and out of focus pictures provided. The gamble turned out great and i love it! The patina with the minimal finish remaining really brings it a sinister and old look. The wide pins are not seen often and with this short length on the back is something i have not seen before.. I wonder if they are partial, or original like this.. It's just enough to poke them through some fabric.

-Dos

Old Danziger SkullOld Danziger Skull

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Old Danziger Skull
    P
    Many

?

I love it! Lots of character with just a hint of verdigris and a nice weathered patina. I have seen wide short pins before not sure if they are cut or originally in this configuration. Congratulations.

Love the patina, nice score Dos. Congrats!

Dos
    ?

Thank you Gentlemen, appreciate the kind words.

I still need to make a complete view of my Totenschädels together.

Really nice, DOS

Congrats
    Santi

Quote by Dos View Post
    Thank you Gentlemen, appreciate the kind words.

I still need to make a complete view of my Totenschädels together.
    Me too. Ive tried a couple shots as they sit in the display case but didnt come out so good. Guess I need to take em out and group them tighter together. Looking forward to seeing yours Dos

Dos
    ?

@ Santi

Thank you! I wish i'd be updating this post together with a traditional Braunschweig skull Pin, but unfortunately i did not get it... Thanks for the help friend.

@ Dan

Very curious to see what you have collected so far. I made my own display rack, because they are displayed in a cabinet. When i take them out for making photos i usually lay them down on some felt. I was thinking about buying a SS Oak Pattern Zeltbahn for the background when taking photos or for display in the cabinet, but a maybe its to busy looking and a plain background is best... A Freikorps or Wehrwolf flag would also be an option, but those are way too rare and expensive for me.. We can always dream about something!

Looking forward to seeing yours as well Marten. My collection is growing, slowly but surely. Right now I have them in a pre-made oak display case, the kind with the foam on the bottom and the glass holds them down in place. It looks and works good, not so good for pics tho. You have some good ideas about backdrops for pics, a good arm band might look good too! If I ever find the time I will pull everything out for a photo shoot. I do hate handling them tho..

Dos
    ?

A nice oak case display would have my preference too if i didn't have a display cabinet. In both scenarios the glass will reflect too much for being able to take good photos.

Make sure you wear some protective cotton gloves when handling them.. They are very cheap. It keeps my mind at ease when taking them out. I've read that the finish on some of the skulls we have degrades much more quickly without taking precautions. Even the ones that are well-worn without any finish on them left are vulnerable. The acids or humidity from your hands that can't be felt or seen, can do much damage to a Tombac material.

Old Danziger Skull

Really nice skull Dos. Maybe with the short pins it was for someting other than a cap. Just a thought.

Vince

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast