Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinions on rzm 52

Article about: Hello all. I was hoping to get opinions on this early pattern deschler. It looks ok to me, but Im still fairly new to this so figured I'd ask here. I have another example that the pin ends a

Default Opinions on rzm 52

Hello all. I was hoping to get opinions on this early pattern deschler. It looks ok to me, but Im still fairly new to this so figured I'd ask here. I have another example that the pin ends are cut at an angle, but believe Ive seen them cut flat like this as well. What concerns me is a few tiny round blobs on the reverse to the left, right and below the teeth. Ive never dealt with this seller before so figured I would exercise some caution. Thanks ahead for any comments.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on rzm 52   Opinions on rzm 52  

Opinions on rzm 52   Opinions on rzm 52  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on rzm 52
    P
    Many

Dos
    ?

It looks like a cast piece, judging by the low resolution photos that are available.

Thank you Marten. If thats a cast peice its a pretty darn good one. I did a little digging on the seller and apparently he has been known for selling repros, but the peice looks pretty convincing to my untrained eyes

?

I have to say it's quite convincing but you guys seem to have better eyes for the nuances of these damn stinkin' badges. It doesn't matter how much I spend or how many I accumulate, I still struggle sometimes.....Dan, the pin looks fine but the blobs concern me

Opinions on rzm 52Opinions on rzm 52

Opinions on rzm 52Opinions on rzm 52

Opinions on rzm 52
    Opinions on rzm 52

Opinions on rzm 52
    Opinions on rzm 52

On another note, I stumbled across the website and saw some very questionable stuff at bargain basement prices
    Regards, Al

Dos
    ?

The blobs are indeed a concern, but the teeth on the back side tell a lot as well. On the obverse there is not much wrong besides the soft details, Eye cavities line and in the corners some uneven surfaces. Inspecting this one in hand would tell a lot more probably.. I'm far from anyone that has years of experience with these badges and don't own a similar variant, but these red flags would put me off.

Opinions on rzm 52

This thread about another 52 RZM is even more difficult, since it looks to be die struck.. So far i've not found any matching skull and my beliefs are still the same. Link below..

Deschler 52 RZM TK Fake

It is in everyone's interest for the sake of not being scammed.. Can we mention the name here of the dealer that sells this badge? I've yet to find him.

Thanks for your input my friends, always very much appreciated. I'm like you Al, no matter how many of these I look at, even in hand, I still have a hard time distinguishing these subtle differences. Marten thanks for your detailed observations on this. I am going to pass on this one, just too many red flags for me. Thank you gentleman

CBH
    ?

The nasal cavity and the unexplained blobs are a couple red flags, that would be enough to put me off.

Default Rzm 52 for review

I stumbled onto this rzm 52 today. Ive never dealt with this seller before, so thought I would post it up here before pursuing any farther. Any opinions appreciated and thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on rzm 52   Opinions on rzm 52  

?

It would appear to be like this one in my collection. Look at the nasal cavity

Opinions on rzm 52

Opinions on rzm 52

Here's my other 52's for comparison

Opinions on rzm 52

Opinions on rzm 52
    Regards, Al

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast