Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

An Overhoff to review please

Article about: Trying to round out my small collection, I've been scouring the web for weeks trying to find a near mint example of an assman and an overhoff with not much luck. Heck I can't even find a dec

Default An Overhoff to review please

Trying to round out my small collection, I've been scouring the web for weeks trying to find a near mint example of an assman and an overhoff with not much luck. Heck I can't even find a decent danziger anymore. Anyhow, I stumbled onto this overhoff, its in kinda rough shape and I'm not really into the fossilized look, but its the nicest one (practically the only one) I can find. Looks legit to me but was hoping to get the opinion of the experts here. Thanks ahead for your time
    Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture An Overhoff to review please   An Overhoff to review please  

Last edited by Buster1; 02-05-2021 at 10:28 PM. Reason: sp

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement An Overhoff to review please
    P
    Many

it's original

CBH
    ?

Ground dug and pretty rough but original.

Dos
    ?

My opinion is that you should wait for a better example to turn up. It can sometimes take months that new specimens show up, but its worth it if you look at this one.

Not sure if it is ground dug.. But he seems to use chemicals to stop any pest or corrosion from happening. This was also the case on my early danziger example.

I think i know who sells this piece. I've bought from him before, but it is from russia. So a bit of a gamble shipping wise and takes very long.

-Dos

CBH
    ?

The prongs have corroded away, not broken off.
    I still think it’s ground dug.

Quote by Dos View Post
    My opinion is that you should wait for a better example to turn up. It can sometimes take months that new specimens show up, but its worth it if you look at this one.

Not sure if it is ground dug.. But he seems to use chemicals to stop any pest or corrosion from happening. This was also the case on my early danziger example.

I think i know who sells this piece. I've bought from him before, but it is from russia. So a bit of a gamble shipping wise and takes very long.

-Dos
    Thank you sir, I think I may just keep waiting till something better pops up

?

Dan, keep looking you will find them. Sometimes months go by with nothing new then all of a sudden they're everywhere. Collections get sold off all the time. good luck, Al

Quote by Aldo View Post
    Dan, keep looking you will find them. Sometimes months go by with nothing new then all of a sudden they're everywhere. Collections get sold off all the time. good luck, Al
    Thanks Al. Its a bad winter here so I have way too much time on my hands...

?

I get it. When I first started on the skulls I spent weeks, months waiting for something to pop up then all of a sudden it was one after another. I would get pissed because I could only get one at time then they would all disappear again. the thrill is in the hunt. You'll bag one soon.

CBH
    ?

I’d wait for a nicer example, this one might have been cleaned, note loss to upper teeth.
    If I see anything pop up, I’ll message you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast