Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Professional Opinion

Article about: I came across this Skull, which is supposedly pre-RMZ. I have my doubts about its authenticity and when going through the forum to learn about these, I have seen some similar items but I hav

?

Default Professional Opinion

I came across this Skull, which is supposedly pre-RMZ. I have my doubts about its authenticity and when going through the forum to learn about these, I have seen some similar items but I have not found enough information about it to make any informed decisions. Any advice on the item, including authenticity and a description, would be greatly appreciated. I have my doubts about the authenticity, but this is not my field of expertise.

Professional OpinionProfessional OpinionProfessional Opinion

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Professional Opinion
    P
    Many

?

It's a fairly decent cast copy of a Danziger skull to the untrained eye. There are a lot of indicators such as the nasal cavity not cleanly punched through, rough rear surface area and various mold residue marks on the front. I just highlighted one major flaw for you.

Professional Opinion

Here's a closeup of one of my original skulls, note the clean details and specifically the nasal cavity and eye orbits. This is a crisp die struck badge vs a cast copy made in a mold

Professional Opinion

Professional Opinion

They come in all types of finishes but they all share the same crisp details when originals.

Professional Opinion
    Regards, Al

?

Thank you for the reply and details, Al. The prongs were a clue for me, but I appreciate the examples and your time.

?

Yes very good examples to learn from.

Thanks