Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Prussian hussar's busby death head

Article about: Well I told myself no more skulls or eagles for a while but.. When something like this pops up its hard to resist. You dont see these everyday and this is a beautiful example retaining its a

Default Prussian hussar's busby death head

Well I told myself no more skulls or eagles for a while but.. When something like this pops up its hard to resist. You dont see these everyday and this is a beautiful example retaining its attachements. I guess a new display case is in order now! Here are the sellers pics, will add more when it arrives
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prussian hussar's busby death head   Prussian hussar's busby death head  

Prussian hussar's busby death head   Prussian hussar's busby death head  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Prussian hussar's busby death head
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

Looks like a good one, I like the attachment tabs and general wear, it slightly different then mine as it doesn’t have cutouts by the bones.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prussian hussar's busby death head  

Thank you CBH for posting your fine example. Can you post a pic of the reverse please? From what I understand, there are a few different varients of this large skull. I managed to find some photos on the web, some random and some from very old threads here.
    Photos credit, a banned member, Robin Lumsden and Telesmanich site
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prussian hussar's busby death head   Prussian hussar's busby death head  

Attached Images Attached Images Prussian hussar's busby death head  Prussian hussar's busby death head  Prussian hussar's busby death head  Prussian hussar's busby death head  Prussian hussar's busby death head 

CBH
    ?

Here is one in poor light, if I think of it I take some tomorrow in natural light.
    The pin clasp was add at one point, possibly by the Canadian Nursing Sister who brought this home.
    I traded with her brother for it in the 80’s, she had gifted it to him after the war.
    So I know two of its three previous owners but unfortunately not the first.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prussian hussar's busby death head  

A beautiful peice Chris, thanks for sharing. And a huge bonus knowing a lot of its history as well!

The skull arrived today and I must say it is a truly impressive peice in hand. Very large! I took a couple pics but the lighting is not cooperating today. This peice deserves to be in some kind of display case on its own, but for now here it is pictured with some other miscellaneous items

Pics..

Prussian hussar's busby death head   Prussian hussar's busby death head  

Prussian hussar's busby death head  

I see these today and kick myself for selling 1 I had in the early 90's. Was vet acquired and I thought too big to properly display.....oh if I knew then what I know now....lament.........lament ........lament....
    Very nice skull!!!!