Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Rare Transitional Deschler TK

Article about: Here is a rare transitional Deschler Totenkopf in CupAl with the box attachments instead of the discs. These box shaped attachments are normally found on the later aluminum versions. This is

?

Default Rare Transitional Deschler TK

Here is a rare transitional Deschler Totenkopf in CupAl with the box attachments instead of the discs. These box shaped attachments are normally found on the later aluminum versions. This is a really nice skull with a patina that gives it a mottled appearance. I would like to express my gratitude to Sid for vetting and helping me acquire this rare and lovely badge.

Regards, Al

Rare Transitional Deschler TKRare Transitional Deschler TK

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rare Transitional Deschler TK
    P
    Many

?

Bravo!

?

Quote by Migobeego View Post
    Bravo!
    Wait until you see what I post on Wednesday, another rare jewel is on it's way

?

I'm revisiting this thread to post better photo's of this skull as TK's become increasingly expensive and difficult to source. This particular Cupal Deschler is different because it has the box like attachments posts normally found on Aluminum versions. I have not come across any other transitional skulls like this one throughout my searches. Does any member have photographs of other specimens in their archives? I'm curious to see how rare this actually is. Thanks, Al

Regards, Al

Thats a beautiful peice Al, congrats! I dont believe Ive ever come across one of these examples in my searches either, but here its mentioned in Reznics book of metal cap insignia. This varient must be quite rare.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare Transitional Deschler TK  

Wow, the closer I look at the picture in this book and compare it to your example, I believe your skull is the one pictured in this book! I wouldnt be suprised, one of my zimmermans is featured in this book as well!

?

Quote by Buster1 View Post
    Wow, the closer I look at the picture in this book and compare it to your example, I believe your skull is the one pictured in this book! I wouldnt be suprised, one of my zimmermans is featured in this book as well!
    Dan, so the funny thing is that skull in the book is actually my skull. Resnik lingered here on this forum for about a year to learn and to use our knowledge to write this book. No common courtesy was even used to credit photo's although they are public domain without a watermark. The bigger issue is that this is exactly how false knowledge can be spread. Although I have no doubt this is original, the author just probably took my word for it from the thread and published it in a book for future collectors to say "see it must be real."

you could look all the posts up, he stopped participating in 2020. maybe he's writing a stamp book now

SS GES.GESCH. Deschler & Sohn photos needed
    Regards, Al

Thank you Al. I thought it was interesting to see one of my skulls on there, and by coincidence posted a reference from that book and turned out to be your skull. Interesting things going on there I guess.. Sorry to sidetrack your thread my friend

?

Not at all Dan. The thread needed some life. It’s all relevant to the topic.
    Regards, Al

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast