Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Really can't tell with this one! (Totenkopf) Too good to be true?

Article about: Hey guys, I've scoured these forums and still just can't tell if this badge is a fake or not! From what I can tell it all seems right, besides the condition... maybe it never went into the f

Default Really can't tell with this one! (Totenkopf) Too good to be true?

Hey guys,

I've scoured these forums and still just can't tell if this badge is a fake or not! From what I can tell it all seems right, besides the condition... maybe it never went into the field? It seems well made. I just don't have any history on it unfortunately...

Maybe yall nice fellas could shed some light?

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Really can't tell with this one! (Totenkopf) Too good to be true?
    P
    Many

I have not seen round pins on a Deschler & Sohn but others will know more.
    John

A well as the shape of the prongs, the eye & nose cavities seem a bit off, plus the residue on the bottom of the chin......how much does it weigh ?
    Paul

?

It looks like a really decent cast copy. As John and Paul stated the round pins a no go. The nasal cavity and eyes are off, somewhat larger openings as a result of the casting process. Also difficult to tell by the photo's but the circular plates holding the pins appear to be part of the actual reverse of the skull not a soldered separate piece as you would expect to find. This one could easily fool a lot of people. Let's see what the other skull savants have to say, I have been wrong about these things despite handling many skulls.

Really can't tell with this one! (Totenkopf) Too good to be true?Really can't tell with this one! (Totenkopf) Too good to be true?
    Regards, Al

?

Comparing the front now I can see the cast flaws on the chin and teeth as pointed out by Paul. A clever fake to be sure

Really can't tell with this one! (Totenkopf) Too good to be true?Really can't tell with this one! (Totenkopf) Too good to be true?
    Regards, Al

It's a clear cast piece.

?

Hello Sid, good to see you posting again. Your expertise is always welcome
    Regards, Al