Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

RZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohn marked Totenkopf - seeking opinions about its authenticity...

Article about: Hello all - My first post. I appreciate history and like to acquire keepsakes of all sorts. I found what I understand to be a German WWII era Totenkopf/cap skull for sale today (first one I'

Default RZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohn marked Totenkopf - seeking opinions about its authenticity...

Hello all -

My first post.

I appreciate history and like to acquire keepsakes of all sorts.

I found what I understand to be a German WWII era Totenkopf/cap skull for sale today (first one I've handled that I thought might be authentic) and was hoping to see if anyone had an opinion about its authenticity before I committed.

If anyone has any opinions/can tell me with certainty why they think it is authentic or a copy - I'd appreciate it. I took the photos with my phone & they didn't turn out that great - but hopefully there are characteristics that some of you more familiar with these can identify regardless. I can tell you that it had some weight/heft to it (compared to the fake tin one I once bought) and that it isn't magnetic.

Anyway, thanks for the opportunity to post/any opinions/advice anyone may have.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohn marked Totenkopf - seeking opinions about its authenticity...   RZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohn marked Totenkopf - seeking opinions about its authenticity...  

RZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohn marked Totenkopf - seeking opinions about its authenticity...   RZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohn marked Totenkopf - seeking opinions about its authenticity...  

RZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohn marked Totenkopf - seeking opinions about its authenticity...   RZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohn marked Totenkopf - seeking opinions about its authenticity...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohn marked Totenkopf - seeking opinions about its authenticity...
    P
    Many

Unfortunately, I am pretty sure this is a fake. Look closely at the moustache, the teeth, and the general overall distorted appearance.
    Here is my original to compare.
    Wait for other opinions.
    Ralph.

RZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohn marked Totenkopf - seeking opinions about its authenticity...
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Yes -

The mustache definitely stands out on mine/also noticed the teeth & the 5 & the 2 on mine don't appear to be level... In the photos I've seen of others - they appear to be...

Thank you for the information -

I agree its definately a moustache fake. You are right Neighbor the five is also a give away on this one. Vince

?

Yes it’s definitely fake.

Here is another example of a textbook M1/52 Deschler

RZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohn marked Totenkopf - seeking opinions about its authenticity...RZM M1/52 - Deschler & Sohn marked Totenkopf - seeking opinions about its authenticity...
    Last edited by Aldo; 11-09-2020 at 07:58 PM.

Well, I am quite embarrassed. I was blinded by my hopes of obtaining an original as I trust the seller (he obviously got 'taken')... This is not his specialty in regard to collectibles and he similarly trusted the person he bought it from. I haven't informed him yet.

I was trying to make it right in my mind instead of trying to rule it out as a fake. It is quite obviously a moustache fake. I wouldn't have bothered you all had I noticed. Had hopeful blinders on...

Thanks for the feedback all... Saved me a cool $1000 ! ! ! Can you imagine.