Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Skull cap emblem real or fake?

Article about: Wanted to see see your opinions on this skull. Is it real or fake. Thank you! Jeff

Default Skull cap emblem real or fake?

Wanted to see see your opinions on this skull. Is it real or fake. Thank you!

JeffSkull cap emblem real or fake?Skull cap emblem real or fake?Skull cap emblem real or fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Skull cap emblem real or fake?
    P
    Many

As far as I know, M1/34 is not a cap skull maker. Other members will be able to comment further.
    Regards,
    MG

It says RZM above it.

Jeff, there being RZM markings doesn't mean anything as fakers can easily add it to their creations. Also, there are unmarked original cap skulls. The photos are not very good, but I can see that the upper lip looks odd and eye sockets too. Not one I would buy, anyway.

'RZM' stands for 'Reichszeugmeisterei', which was the national material control office. They were responsible for quality control, making sure the materials produced were of a consistent high standard. The RZM mark alone does not guarantee authenticity.

Certain manufacturers were given an RZM license, and those licensed manufacturers were assigned a specific number. If the number on this skull doesn't match any known manufacturers, it's a dud. Hopefully one of the resident Totenkopf experts chimes in soon.

B.B.

Tha

?

It's a fake for sure

a modern fake