Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Skull and Eagle for opinions

Article about: Hi guys I'm a newbie here and posted my 499/41 skull and unmarked eagle on another post but no one liked them. I am wondering if there are skulls and eagles out there that no one has seen...

Default Skull and Eagle for opinions

Hi guys I'm a newbie here and posted my 499/41 skull and unmarked eagle on another post but no one liked them. I am wondering if there are skulls and eagles out there that no one has seen...there were many sub contractors...I thought they looked pretty good but I guess I need to find another hobby. I know there were probably different variations no one has seen , they must have made millions of these. I need more education I guessSkull and Eagle for opinionsSkull and Eagle for opinionsSkull and Eagle for opinionsSkull and Eagle for opinionsSkull and Eagle for opinionsSkull and Eagle for opinionsThe authentic one is the first one attached

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Skull and Eagle for opinions
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    I have moved your post and started a thread of your own. This way you will likely get more answers.
    The members that study caps, may not really study the insignia, and the members that study insignia, may not really study caps.
    You should get the answers that you are looking for in this section.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

CBH
    ?

Your Tk and eagle look fake to me, Zimmerman didn't use round prongs even through the bracket was round on the TK, they used flat prongs. Here is my later example showing the pinched prong mounts, but with the correct prongs. Some eagles used round prongs.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Skull and Eagle for opinions   Skull and Eagle for opinions  

?

It is a known fake cast copy. The back is all wrong and you can see casting flaws all around the edges. These were high quality die struck badges that should have clean cut edges like the picture Chris posted. The face is a pretty decent fake for novices but if you look at enough images of real ones over time you start to notice the flaws and distortions. I know nothing about eagles but just looking at the back of it tells me it's no good either. You have a few real experts who will chime in and give you the definitive answer.

Cheers, Al

?

This was posted on another thread by our resident skull expert, Sid. You can see the similarities, this is what it is trying to imitate. Does look close. Lets wait and see.

Skull and Eagle for opinions
    Skull and Eagle for opinionsSkull and Eagle for opinions

CBH
    ?

These Zimmerman fakes have a pronounced nasal cavity slash almost going to the teeth.
    I've seen them on fake caps, its an easy tell for when mounted.

to look at them from a cap in one blink just look at those flaws or alike, will be easier..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Skull and Eagle for opinions  

Again, it’s that mulish looking section above the teeth that always screams fake. It looks like a mule human skull hybrid.