Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Small Assmann-Like Totenkopf

Article about: Here is s small Tradition TK I just picked up that is very similar to the small skull shown on the Assmann sample board below, but not quite. Does anyone have a photographic reference for th

?

Default Small Assmann-Like Totenkopf

Here is s small Tradition TK I just picked up that is very similar to the small skull shown on the Assmann sample board below, but not quite. Does anyone have a photographic reference for this skull that they could post? All comments and opinions welcome. thanks, Al

Small Assmann-Like TotenkopfSmall Assmann-Like Totenkopf

Compared to Assmann skull on a cap

with some of my other small skull badges

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Small Assmann-Like Totenkopf
    P
    Many

this design is a bit different from Assmann's, I don't think this is a german made skull

?

Thanks Sid, I was looking for similarities among Russian or Chetnik skulls with no luck either. Al

Small Assmann-Like TotenkopfSmall Assmann-Like TotenkopfSmall Assmann-Like TotenkopfSmall Assmann-Like TotenkopfSmall Assmann-Like TotenkopfSmall Assmann-Like TotenkopfSmall Assmann-Like TotenkopfSmall Assmann-Like Totenkopf

Another one, interesting addition to your skull collection.
    Have fun and good luck with your search, let us know when you have found something.
    Regards, Jannis.

Dos
    ?

I was wondering when and where this one would show up. You got a great deal on it, I just missed it!

A great little TK! Congrats.

From what kind of material is it made? Aluminum or Tombac with a silver finish on top?

The texture of the material on the back seems a bit odd, but if you look at the top of the dome there are some indications of it made by a die stamp .

I agree with Carlsson that it is probably not German made. Perhaps made in Belgian or Italy?

Stuka f posted i think a sleeve band a few years back, correct me if i'm wrong. It is Belgian made and carries a similar skull, but also slightly different. Maybe he sees this and knows something more?

-Dos

Credits to Stuka f.

?

Quote by johanis1860 View Post
    Another one, interesting addition to your skull collection.
    Have fun and good luck with your search, let us know when you have found something.
    Regards, Jannis.
    Thank you Jannis. It may well remain a mystery with several others in my collection but I will post updates If I discover something.

?

Quote by Dos View Post
    I was wondering when and where this one would show up. You got a great deal on it, I just missed it!

A great little TK! Congrats.

From what kind of material is it made? Aluminum or Tombac with a silver finish on top?

The texture of the material on the back seems a bit odd, but if you look at the top of the dome there are some indications of it made by a die stamp .

I agree with Carlsson that it is probably not German made. Perhaps made in Belgian or Italy?

Stuka f posted i think a sleeve band a few years back, correct me if i'm wrong. It is Belgian made and carries a similar skull, but also slightly different. Maybe he sees this and knows something more?

-Dos
    Thanks Marten, I do the same thing when I miss one but most times they don't reveal themselves on the forum. I believe the badge is tombac with an excellent silver finish based on the weight and feel of the badge. I wasn't convinced it was a nice die-struck badge based on the website photo's but I took a chance because of the price and lucked out.

Regards, Al

Nice score Al! I've got a simillar one, the splints are different but its the same pattern. However mine is in the "if" box, not ever being verified. I fear mine may be a copy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Small Assmann-Like Totenkopf   Small Assmann-Like Totenkopf  

?

Hi Dan, no doubt the same exact pattern with different pins. It remains a mystery for now but maybe we'll uncover something. Not every skull badge was made to the demanding specifications of the Germans. The Latvian and Belgian skulls are a testament to less stringent quality demands for Foreign units. Just look at those pins! Thanks, Al

Credit: Telesmanich; Emedals