Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A somewhat special danziger set

Article about: A while back I purchased this rare set of insignia. There was a little glitch with the shipping, but it finally arrived yesterday. The seller listed it as part of a grouping that once belong

Default A somewhat special danziger set

A while back I purchased this rare set of insignia. There was a little glitch with the shipping, but it finally arrived yesterday. The seller listed it as part of a grouping that once belonged to a SS sturmbannfuhrer named Hans Weibrecht. There is actually a lot of information about him on the net. After doing a quick google search, I found some interesting pics of him.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A somewhat special danziger set  
    Attached Images Attached Images A somewhat special danziger set 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A somewhat special danziger set
    P
    Many

And then I found this image..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A somewhat special danziger set  

Low and behold, the skull in the picture is indeed the one I purchased. Here are a couple images from the seller. Right after the sale was done, he contacted me and said he was contacted by the person who possess these photos, and offered me double what I paid. I declined, and offered him double the sales price to purchase the photos. He declined as well.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A somewhat special danziger set   A somewhat special danziger set  

I have a few of these type of skulls, but this is the only one I've seen with the double splints, and 2 rows of teeth. A rare one indeed. The only other image I've seen of this type was posted by Sid a couple years ago. After closer inspection of this photo, it turns out that this image is also the one I now posses. If Sid owned this at some point I do not know, I've tried contacting him, but havent heard back. Photo credit Carlson1982
    Attached Images Attached Images A somewhat special danziger set 

I am thrilled to have found this rare gem, as I have not seen another one of this type. Will post some group photos soon..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A somewhat special danziger set   A somewhat special danziger set  

A somewhat special danziger set   A somewhat special danziger set  

A somewhat special danziger set  

?

This one is still on my wishlist!

?

Very nice! I saw that when it was originally listed and thought what a find. It's from a very important grouping that was apparently broken up. Sturmbannführer Hans Weibrecht. You should download all the images on the links for future reference in the event the group can ever be reunited.

A somewhat special danziger setA somewhat special danziger set

A somewhat special danziger setA somewhat special danziger set

SSBW Militaria | WEIBRECHT NEW ADDITIONS.

SSBW Militaria | HANS WEIBRECHT GROUPING.

SSBW Militaria | HANS WEIBRECHT GROUPING PAGE ONE PHOTOGRAPHS

SSBW Militaria | WEIBRECHT GROUPING AWARDS AD DOCUMENTS.

SSBW Militaria | WEIBRECHT GROUPING DOCS 2.

https://www.ssbw.co.uk/shop.php?code=50747
    Regards, Al

Al thank you for taking the time to post the links, much appreciated my friend! Yes I might try to copy a few of them and tranfer it to photo paper. Would be nice to have in its own display case along with the insignia. Obviously not original photos but better then nothing. The owner of the photos wouldnt budge, and neither would I..

Congratulations on the early skull set, thats a great find. Beautiful set!
    Vince