Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS allegemeine ground dug skull and Panzer/Wehrmacht skull

Article about: Hi I'm buying off a non militaria dealer and was wondering if £150 is to expensive for a ground dug SS skull and £60 for a ground dug normandy panzer/wehrmacht skull? I can't seem to upload

?

Default SS allegemeine ground dug skull and Panzer/Wehrmacht skull

Hi

I'm buying off a non militaria dealer and was wondering if £150 is to expensive for a ground dug SS skull and £60 for a ground dug normandy panzer/wehrmacht skull? I can't seem to upload photos (if I can let me know where I'm going wrong) but both are in reasonable condition for having been buried for 70 odd years (the panzer skull is still silver the SS one has developed a brown hue etc). Thanks in advance. I completely trust the seller before anyone asks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS allegemeine ground dug skull and Panzer/Wehrmacht skull
    P
    Many

Condition matters...photos would be helpful
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hi Larry.Thanks for the quick reply. I only have a basic account on the forum and I'm unsure if I can post photos of which I would be keen to do to get your opinion. How would I go about uploading them? Cheers.

?

Here you are:

Visual Guide to Upload Photos

Regards, Rik

?

Quote by dschop View Post
    here you are:

visual guide to upload photos

regards, rik
    SS allegemeine ground dug skull and Panzer/Wehrmacht skulli

?

Quote by Neill View Post
    SS allegemeine ground dug skull and Panzer/Wehrmacht skulli
    Hi

Managed to upload the photo. The seller is looking £150 for the early SS skull (the brown coloured one) and £60 for the panzer skull? Worth thus sort if money does anyone think? Cheers.

?

Hello Neill, I think they are a bit overpriced particularly the early SS / Traditions skull in that relic condition. Prices are really subjective and it depends on how badly you want something. I have overpaid many times simply because I wanted something so that is a personal choice. I have a few of those in good condition and paid in the $250 - $350 range. I would like to see the back of the skulls if possible, I assume there are no prongs by the way they are laying flat. As for the panzer skull it's nice but you can usually find a really nice one in the $75 - $100 range.

Regards, Al

?

Quote by Aldo View Post
    Hello Neill, I think they are a bit overpriced particularly the early SS / Traditions skull in that relic condition. Prices are really subjective and it depends on how badly you want something. I have overpaid many times simply because I wanted something so that is a personal choice. I have a few of those in good condition and paid in the $250 - $350 range. I would like to see the back of the skulls if possible, I assume there are no prongs by the way they are laying flat. As for the panzer skull it's nice but you can usually find a really nice one in the $75 - $100 range.

Regards, Al

Hi

This is the back. You are right in the sense that there is no clasps etc due to their condition. I get carried away when I hear normandy which is where the silver skull was dug out. Would £40 (not sure what that would be in $) be nearer a realistic price to pay?

?

£40 would be about $52, reasonable for the panzer skull in my opinion. Just try to keep in mind that people will tell you stories about origins and and back stories to make the item seem more exotic. This may very well be from Normandy but who knows, buy the item not the story. The other relic skull looks pretty good if you can get him to lower the price a bit. Good luck and post them in better detail if you happen to buy them.

Cheers, Al

?

Quote by Aldo View Post
    £40 would be about $52, reasonable for the panzer skull in my opinion. Just try to keep in mind that people will tell you stories about origins and and back stories to make the item seem more exotic. This may very well be from Normandy but who knows, buy the item not the story. The other relic skull looks pretty good if you can get him to lower the price a bit. Good luck and post them in better detail if you happen to buy them.

Cheers, Al
    Hi Al

What would you say an approximate value of the early SS skull (the brown coloured) one would be in £? Thanks for the great advice so far.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast