Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

SS cap insignia getting cheaper?

Article about: With the gas prices and food prices these days are these relics going on the way side?Are these getting cheaper as collectors have less money to spend on their collections?

Default SS cap insignia getting cheaper?

With the gas prices and food prices these days are these relics going by the way side?Many collectors will have less money to spend on their collections.Havent seen it yet but could be coming,hope not.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS cap insignia getting cheaper?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS cap insignia getting cheaper?
    P
    Many

Not that I've seen.

For newer collectors would be a good thing,but older collectors like me that already own these it might not be so good.One thing going for them is they arent making them anymore, there are only so many few originals out there.

?

If anything prices on these trinkets have skyrocketed in the last 2 years to almost double the previous prices. I see these items fly off the websites even at ridiculously inflated prices. As long as there is a demand there will be buyers willing to pay. It's like the current housing market, if you're selling your Golden, if you're buying, you're screwed. I've switched my focus to other things I can afford and now I find everything else to be reasonable compared to the sculls....
    Regards, Al

Just sold a spare house,it went quick,bought land,they arent making anymore of it.ha
    Last edited by Toecutter; 03-31-2022 at 02:44 AM.

For that SS officers visor I needed to rebadge, the prices gagme.

So I used a Danziger skull and a M34 SA/SS Adler. Total of about $400.00.

The Danziger skulls are getting tough to find so if you can get a good one or two......

I have to clarify something here. I was hit with a massive tax liability this year. & the most my wife and I have ever had to pay. With that when investment people come up with grand plans to say "we can save you money by doing this..." beware because the result of that is what forced my hand on halting purchasing an original insignia set for my black SS visor.

To think the amount would of covered the purchase of a Waffen SS tunic and then some....arrrgh.... With what is due is causing a lot of distress on my wife and my cash reserves. I soon may be selling items to help recover.

I wanted to purchase an insignia set being offered from a fellow forum member. If you read this, apologies for not moving ahead with purchasing from you. The IRS and their tax schemes, yuk!
    Last edited by Rich Moran; 04-01-2022 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Crunched by the IRS

?

I still see nice Danziger types in the same $350 range, so stock up if you need one for the collection.
    Regards, Al

Yes, there's some nice (common type) danzigers currently on sites around the $350 mark. I havent seen any of the rare varients for a very long time

?

Well, I'll say that this thread turned my luck around. I located a rare SS contract Deschler TK 254-42 along with a nice Wagner eagle 475/39. A nice cupal set at a decent price in today's crazy market. Patience and perseverance paid off, that and checking every website 100 times a day for new items. I'll post the set in detail when it arrives in a few weeks. I'm psyched as this TK variant has been missing from my collection.

SS cap insignia getting cheaper?
    Regards, Al

Have not seen that variant with the flat headed eagle,looks unused,great cond.skull too!I have an early "hammer head" sleeve eagle not too common,love to see more pics,congrats!
    Last edited by Toecutter; 04-02-2022 at 02:59 AM. Reason: spelling