Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ss cap insignia or no?

Article about: Skull looks real early,cap eagle looks same era or at least same materials,pins etc.

Default ss cap insignia or no?

Skull looks real early,cap eagle looks same era or at least same materials,prongs are brass but the eagle prongs are slant cut.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ss cap insignia or no?   ss cap insignia or no?  

ss cap insignia or no?   ss cap insignia or no?  

ss cap insignia or no?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss cap insignia or no?
    P
    Many

authentic variant

Thanks carlsson!

What said objects look like without human fingers.ss cap insignia or no?ss cap insignia or no?ss cap insignia or no?ss cap insignia or no?ss cap insignia or no?ss cap insignia or no?ss cap insignia or no?ss cap insignia or no?ss cap insignia or no?

Suffice it to say that the Danziger badge came in several variants, about which the collector biotope knows nothing at all, really.
    The true SS variant was made by Steinhauer and Lueck, and is seldom found. I assume I own at least one of these on my caps,
    but I do not stab, finger, or molest them. They sit on the shelf and gather dust.

The 1927 Hoheitszeichen was the first SS cap eagle, and it does indeed come with the lateral splint arrangement so shown, but
    it usually has two vertical splints....and on and on.

The 1927 Hoheitszeichen is also widely faked, but your badges are authentic. For whatever reason, the Danziger badge commands a fraction of what
    the RZM marked ones bring, especially the Deschler pieces which are insanely priced.ss cap insignia or no?ss cap insignia or no?ss cap insignia or no?

Thanks Friedrich!So this is the 1927 first model,do you have this exact skull in your collection?Can you post a pic.,I didnt know handling them would destroy them,guess I need to wipe them down.I know these earlier skulls dont bring big bucks,but I never pay much for them so its all good.

The eagle badge is that of 1927, the so-called Hakenkreuzkokarde. Wim describes it with brilliance in his books.
    The Totenschaedel is of 19th-century design. Your exact badge I do not have on my caps, in fact.
    It was worn by the SS, but it is a Hussar badge from the 19th century.

Thanks for the great info I appreciate it!That explains it, the ss used some of these existing skulls early on ,some good history on these,thats why I posted it here!

Quote by Toecutter View Post
    Thanks for the great info I appreciate it!That explains it, the ss used some of these existing skulls early on ,some good history on these,thats why I posted it here!
    We have thousands of images of the chronology from start to finish, but the best thing is Wim's books.
    He especially interprets the insignia along with the caps. I know no better treatment of this popular theme.
    The 1 Prussian Leibhusaren in Danzig wore a large Totenkopf of a certain style on their fur busby and the smaller badge we desire
    undress peaked caps. Robin Lumsden has illustrated them, as so has the moderator of the cap section,
    in dozens and more threads. The Hannover cavalry wore a different style of Totenschadel, what I call
    the Apotheker, i.e. apothecary badge for poison.
    The book by Paul Pietsch on Prussian uniforms explains it all with nice illustrations.

Happy badges. As I write, I collect them on the caps.
    Also, when you sweat them up, it wrecks the finish, which is pretty sensitive, in fact.
    The patina is a criterion for the monetary value of these items.ss cap insignia or no?ss cap insignia or no?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast