Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS eagles? Wish I knew. Help

Article about: Hello everyone. I’m just breaking into collecting. I hope I’m in right sub forum for these items. I’ve had the privilege of being allowed to purchase from an estate a few items in whic

Default SS eagles? Wish I knew. Help

Hello everyone. I’m just breaking into collecting. I hope I’m in right sub forum for these items. I’ve had the privilege of being allowed to purchase from an estate a few items in which I think 2 are of SS headgear. I will post those two pictures along with picture of all available. Please help in this area and comment on anything else that is acceptable by forum rules. I have been investigating but have a long learning curve to overcome. I respect the knowledge I’ve found available on this forum. SS eagles? Wish I knew. HelpSS eagles? Wish I knew. HelpSS eagles? Wish I knew. HelpSS eagles? Wish I knew. HelpSS eagles? Wish I knew. HelpThank you. I look forward to figuring out where to post and what I have here.SS eagles? Wish I knew. Help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS eagles? Wish I knew. Help
    P
    Many

?

The SS eagle is a copy.

SS eagles? Wish I knew. HelpSS eagles? Wish I knew. Help

The other T shaped eagle with cockade is for a Heer cap like an M42 Feldmutz, not SS related. I believe it's authentic

SS eagles? Wish I knew. HelpSS eagles? Wish I knew. Help
    Regards, Al

Thanks, Al. Anything else look authentic in the case??

?

The “Jude” stars are usually suspect, I wouldn’t expect much from that. The shoulder boards and collar tabs need to posted in detail
    Regards, Al

Thanks again Al.

Al, For future reference will you share the telltale sign(s) that shows it’s a copy? Thanks in advance. I hope one day to be able to articulate the differences

michael....

Welcome to the forum, and if I may I will answer your last question... There is no real easy answer but to study these items carefully before investing. You are coming into the collecting arena with what I presume is very little experience and knowledge So I would strongly suggest that you invest in reference books in addition to receiving help from the members here. The easy answers are not always the right answers and you will find yourself asking more questions before you find the right answer to your questions.

Becoming a paid Gold Club member here will also be beneficial as it will show some of the members here that you are truly interested in collecting militaria and not just come on looking for quick answers regarding real or fake insignia without doing some research yourself. By all means I am not implying that is what you are doing, but we have seen many come here ask if something is real or fake and then we never hear from them again.

You will be saving a lot of money in the long term if you invest first in reference material. We have a library section (see link) that will give you an idea of some of the reference material available.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/forum-reference-library/

I will also concur with Also that the SS cap eagle is fake. I would recommend also looking through some of the many forum posts on the specific topics in order for you to become knowledgeable about fake cap eagles and other items.

When you have a question about a specific item in a group, post clear images of the fronts and backs of the item in the appropriate sections and the members will be able to assess and validate whether the items are good or bad.

For the Juden Star of David and the .50 Pfenning note, please post these in the following area: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/konzentrationslagers/

Again, please take good clear pictures of both the fronts and backs of the items. The paper money may be alright. I believe it is from the Lodz Ghetto, but again better images are needed to confirm as well as fronts and backs. The Star of David is questionable, and these are highly reproduced and faked due to the context of what the Star represents, so you have to be cautious when these come up for sale... Direct 100% solid provenance with these items are necessary.

Collecting militaria can be very enjoyable but it can also be costly if you don't know what you are collecting so again my advice is to study, read, conduct research, ask questions beforte plunging into the deep end of the pool...

Best regards

Smitty

Hello Michael,
    I'd like to see some close ups of the NSKOV members badge/planchet

Thanks

All the best
    Doug

Please post better quality photos when doing so.
    John

Gentlemen, thank you for sharing your last posts not only answering my basic question but for also speaking to the absolute desire that the forum’s users and administrators integrity is perpetually strengthened by training and study to ensure confidence and truth in shared information. I would have posted better photos but at this point these are all available. I would never wish to waste the forums time, but this time I only have this distant information. I will begin the deeper dive into learning each day going forward. Thank you.