Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS earlier cap insignia,worth more?

Article about: Does the earlier cap insignia command a premium over late war insignia or vice versu.I know cond. is a factor.I have 600.00 in these 2,have prices went down on them or held their value.I kno

Default SS earlier cap insignia,worth more?

Does the earlier cap insignia command a premium over late war insignia or vice versu.I know cond. is a factor.I have 600.00 each in these 2 sets,which is worth more?.I know some third reich stuff has taken a hit as compaired to a few years ago.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS earlier cap insignia,worth more?   SS earlier cap insignia,worth more?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS earlier cap insignia,worth more?
    P
    Many

?

The prices on these insignia have not taken a hit, they command a hefty premium over the late war stuff. These skulls sell for around $1000 to $1200 on most websites. I can't speak for the eagles but they are equally costly. However, the late war insignia has also been steadily rising. In fact I just posted about a zinc Overhoff skull selling for over $1600 !

IMO, you will need to post more detailed photos, including the reverse, to get the response you are looking for.
    By the way, these are not "earlier" insignia.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I will happily pay you USD 600 for a Hoheitszeichen and a Totenschaedel, as, I am sure will many here, especially if they are authentic.
    If they are fakes, then that is beyond my control, naturally.

Thanks guys,they are original,marked on the back,dont know how to date the skulls but the eagles are dated,the "late" one is 42 the "early" one is 36 looks like.Here are some pics,sorry for bad photos.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS earlier cap insignia,worth more?   SS earlier cap insignia,worth more?  

SS earlier cap insignia,worth more?   SS earlier cap insignia,worth more?  

Very nice items. The two eagles are Assmann, with the VA SS contract number. The "early" eagle is from a contract of 1936.
    All four pieces of insignia look quite real to me, and are surely worth more than you paid for them, were you to replace them.

The splints are damaged on the Totenschaedel, which offends the purist, but my only goal with these is to restore a cap with stripped or incorrect insignia.
    Others are fetishists of the various models, the various RZM mark fonts, and on and on.

Thanks Friedrich!When did the SS change from the smaller SA style eagle to the larger one?Wouldnt the 36 dated eagle bring a premium over the later 42?Anyway probably safe at 1000.00 per set for insurance purposes,like say might be hard to replace them for that.Here is a minty skull I paid 250.00 for at an auction,people were laughing and looking at me like I was crazy for bidding that much .Well seems I got the last laugh,ha.

SS earlier cap insignia,worth more?  

You did well. Your friends had no reason to laugh.

The so called second pattern SS Hoheitszeichen was designed and contracted in 1935 in the wake of a reform of the army badge, because, apparently,
    the Leibstandarte did or did not fancy the army badge. The latter badge was introduced in the first half of 1936 to replace the 1927 model Hakenkreuzkokarde,
    very first SS cap eagle. The older badge was retained all the same for awhile by many, some, but surely not none. SS earlier cap insignia,worth more?SS earlier cap insignia,worth more?SS earlier cap insignia,worth more?SS earlier cap insignia,worth more?SS earlier cap insignia,worth more?SS earlier cap insignia,worth more?SS earlier cap insignia,worth more?

- - ------- - -

Wim explains very well in his fine books.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast