Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ss Totenkopf

Article about: Good evening, tell me on the type of this cockade// I will appreciate your feedback

you
    ?

Default ss Totenkopf

Good evening, tell me please by the type of this cockadee// I will appreciate your feedback
    ss Totenkopfss Totenkopf

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss Totenkopf
    P
    Many

Hello you. It s a very poor attempt at at a SS visor cap skull. It looks rather crudely cast with no definition and doesn't conform to any one makers example that I know of. Although I think they are attempting to re create the Overhoff crimp attachment for the prongs. Stay well clear. Best regards.

Brian

ss Totenkopf

Like such

Possible Latvian manufacture.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

While I agree with Brian's post #2, I might be more cynical. The FOURTH REICH manufacturer of this skull may be using his clever artistic palette to disguise this as a dug item. The crude crimping device for the prong might hint at some research. However, the backside speaks for itself.....Doug.

Ralph reminds me to think more before I post. I am aware of the LATVIAN connection, but I have not researched that connection to comment.
    Last edited by stakeside; 09-26-2017 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Afterthought

you
    ?

soldering on the reverse side .. at that time...The skull is excavated .. it is unique that it is impossible so to forge pits on aluminum ..you certainly know better .. I'm not going to argue .
    your attention was given what is

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Possible Latvian manufacture.
    Ralph.
    Interesting attribute Ralph. I certainly did not consider it. However most of the Latvian skulls I ve looked at here in the forum threads show more detail obverse and reverse like a die struck skull, whereas this one lacks those characteristics. I think artifical aging/pitting/corrosion what have you could be duplicated with acid. IMO I would want to see this exact style of skull in wear period photographed or at least another like it. Most of the Latvian skulls I ve seen here accepted as original look different with more grotesque features especially the jaw shape. But hey never say never.

Brian

Unknown Skull

CBH
    ?

Your link also show the best photo I've seen of the painted Tk.
    Cheers

Quote by CBH View Post
    Your link also show the best photo I've seen of the painted Tk.
    Cheers
    I think you re right Chris. Lol I looked straight past it, could of used that one for reference a couple weeks back. Thanks to Sid of course for providing it. Best regards.

Brian

It is a lowgrade fake from the Balkan. It is not the Latvian type skull.

this is a authentic latvian skull...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ss Totenkopf  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast