Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS Visor Cap Eagle and Skull

Article about: Hello all, I, would like to get an opinion on this Hat set Please, as I have had it for quite some time as it was given to me back in the 80s. I do not know if it is real or a Reproduction a

Default SS Visor Cap Eagle and Skull

Hello all, I, would like to get an opinion on this Hat set Please, as I have had it for quite some time as it was given to me back in the 80s. I do not know if it is real or a Reproduction as I'm not a collector, Any info will be greatly appreciated. Inside Markings as read. RZM SS 223/39 Thanks you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Visor Cap Eagle and Skull
    P
    Many

Default SS Visor Hat set

Hi all,Opinion on this set Please as I'm not a collector, and had them for quite some time now, not even knowing if they are a reproduction or not, I posted earlier but had an issue Posting Pics, Thank you. Inside Markings are RZM SS 223/39. Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Visor Cap Eagle and Skull   SS Visor Cap Eagle and Skull  

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    These were never produced during the TR era with these numbers. Also, you will never find SS markings inside an original totenkopf, eagles yes, but never skulls.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

absurd junk.

It may be Junk But the detail and heavy quality is good, I saw online where Officers have had this type of set made Jeweler quality as to show there pride in the SS, So I may get different opinion's as its still early to tell if its Junk, I was offered $ 100.00 for it so I may sell it as it was free to me. " I feel many would take it for Free, Even if it is Junk to many. I had it tested its Solid Silver, Why would someone make this out of silver. The Gent who gave it to me was a ww 2 Vet at the VA here in Ca. he was 83 years old. Thanks.

I assure you it is not too early to tell if it is junk.
    If this were made by a jeweler in the appropriate time, he would certainly not have been entitled to put the RZM mark on it. As I said, they were never made with this 223/93 mark originally.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Trust us, it is junk.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

SS Visor Cap Eagle and Skull
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

This is just a reworking of the old die from the fake skull that came out on the 80s.
    If you note the skull joints on the reverse of the skull are a perfect match.
    So with an addition of the 800 silver stamp and renumbered makers mark it looks like the dies are still in use.

SS Visor Cap Eagle and SkullSS Visor Cap Eagle and Skull

Cheers
    Doug

Thanks for the replies, on the markings RZM 223/39. Funny though, "Why they would make it out of Pure Silver?" It is sad that we really cant get True Opinions now a days, Due to all the Old vets who really would know are now gone. Thanks all for your Opinions on the matter.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast