Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS visor insignia zinc - mid war? Late war?

Article about: As the title states... Always wondered when Germany started to use zinc for their SS totenkopf insignias. From a bit of research I've done, it seems to be at some point during middle of the

Default SS visor insignia zinc - mid war? Late war?

As the title states... Always wondered when Germany started to use zinc for their SS totenkopf insignias.

From a bit of research I've done, it seems to be at some point during middle of the war.. like 3/4 into 1943.

Am I wrong? I do own a zinc example. I def always wondered when this deschler example was made..

Any thoughts

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS visor insignia zinc - mid war? Late war?
    P
    Many

Btw. It's been awhile since I've participated on this forum.. however, I had no idea that fake tk's have been a big issue lately... Esp the unmarked ones that seem to be popping up! Don't get me wrong... We always had issues with fakes in the past.. but I agree with others.. it seems like it exploded lately...
    When I was hunting for these about 8 years ago.. I never heard or read much discussion about unmarked ones.. sheesh...

?

Show us the picture of the Zinc Deschler you have?

The debate about unmarked Deschler type TK's is active in a few threads now. These are not made from zinc though.

Here you go. Nothing special.
    A relic

It's now all covered in Vaseline... these are before I applied.

All the white rot has disappeared.

Quote by rusted180 View Post
    As the title states... Always wondered when Germany started to use zinc for their SS totenkopf insignias.

From a bit of research I've done, it seems to be at some point during middle of the war.. like 3/4 into 1943.

Am I wrong? I do own a zinc example. I def always wondered when this deschler example was made..

Any thoughts
    yes, you are wrong.
    There are two clues on two different cap badges indicating the year of change.

What research did you do that led you to the conclusion of ?

it appears to be sometime during the middle of the war. as 3/4 in 1943.

Hey thanks for the reply.

It's been a very long time since I looked into it. More than 10 years ago I read that zinc examples can be from mid war.

I always held onto that belief because a member on this forum or another gave me some resources and read something to that extent.

In other words... I'm going off an old memory and as well as words from a member of a forum. This is why I'm inquiring here to make sure my understanding is right or wrong..

So from you reply, I guess what I have is a late war example (44-45)?

Quote by rusted180 View Post

So from you reply, I guess what I have is a late war example (44-45)?
    you are wrong on this conclusion, again.

greetings.

?

you are wrong on this conclusion, again.

greetings.

What does that mean?

Hmm.. I do see deschler variations with the m1/52 stamp and rzm stamp on the side of the skull instead of on top of the head. Those I believe are early ones from the 30s.

But to be more specific... I have no idea. Everyime I Google info for this to figure it out myself.. either the info I find does not apply to my pattern/maker or this book keeps coming up in my search that tempts me to buy it:
    SS Metal Cap Insignia (1935 - 1945) - Andrew Reznik Book

I am interested in buying it.. but to be honest, I don't make as much money as I used to.. so I have no plans to buy another tk until a few more years from now. So getting this book wouldn't serve me as well as another collector who actively hunts for these..

That being said.. does anyone have any links or resources I can go to for understanding how to date tk's from all makers or at least deschlers?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast