MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Strange skull and eagle seek origins

Article about: Someone on the waf forum is showing their collection or photos from a collection, and seeing this image made me curious again about these strangers. I reached these conclusions looking here

Default Strange skull and eagle seek origins

Someone on the waf forum is showing their collection or photos from a collection, and seeing this image made me curious again about these strangers.

I reached these conclusions looking here and there.

1- most opinions are that they are Latvians or Estonians For the type of hooks they are granted to Latvian creation , also for the poorly made aspect , or that they are trench art.

With the brand behind the eagles SS 41 , I think the option of made by Latvians or Estonians can be ruled out , I also discard the trench art since all those found share the same pattern.
    I think there is a round mark behind the skull, I asked for more information but very kindly he did not answer me , I suppose that for the owner it will only be one more insignificant object from his collection .

Two very viable alternatives also appeared in the research.

2- by photo relates to Norwegian Legion , It hurts that the photo is very out of focus and low resolution to ensure, but it is viable.

3- I do not know how reliable the source is but because of the dug up site where one of these was found it could only be related to Frikorps Danmark.

If someone wants to comment, has any of these or information that gives a little light to the origins of these strangers is welcome.
    Jedem das Seine

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Strange skull and eagle seek origins
    P
    Many

?

I agree with your assertion, even though the photo is low resolution, the insignia does exhibit the same shape and size.

Estonian indeed

Look at this weird lot ... currently being sold by Germania International as 100% Original and being sold for over $7000 .... Latvian!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Strange skull and eagle seek origins   Strange skull and eagle seek origins  

It's a Latvian allright, but a Lativian modern fake. This pattern never existed.

Dos
    ?

@Another Ant, By the look of your pictures shown you know of the post that was made in the past by Paul D. Very interesting skull. I agree that the contours of the photograph somewhat match the insignia. Hope we may find some sharper photos of it in wear someday! I will post the link here to keep them together:

-Dos

Eagle and Skull Estonian SS !!!

Quote by Dos View Post
    @Another Ant, By the look of your pictures shown you know of the post that was made in the past by Paul D. Very interesting skull. I agree that the contours of the photograph somewhat match the insignia. Hope we may find some sharper photos of it in wear someday! I will post the link here to keep them together:

-Dos

Eagle and Skull Estonian SS !!!
    correct, that was one of my visits along the way and from where apart of the photo also the 3- viable option , It would be great to know other unearthed points locations.

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    Estonian indeed
    don't misunderstand i don't mean to be rude, I just learn.
    Could you expand on that answer on which you affirm that Estonian indeed ?

Is there any evidence that we do not know and that you can share or is your personal opinion ?

As I said before, the marking on the SS 41 eagles makes it really unlikely that in 1941 Latvians or Estonians made SS insignia.
    Jedem das Seine