Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Are these early ss eagles?

Article about: by odessa1 Thanks for all the help! Nettes foto. Friedrich! One has to counteract the real dearth of knowledge on most websites. Happy collecting.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default Are these early ss eagles?

I saw someone called an identical eagle to this an early SS & SA eagle. Does anybody have an opinion about that? I think it was Manion's but I am not 100% sure. These are kind of on the small side - but nearly perfect in every way (except for a little hakenkreuz paint)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Are these early ss eagles?  

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: Are these early ss eagles?

I think the SS eagle has 4 pins on the reverse
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Here is the back of the eagles. I believe these are cap eagles. Wing spread is approx. 3.8 cm.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Are these early ss eagles?  

?

I don't think that they are properly SS
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

The one on the left reflects the standard party cap eagle authorized for wear beginning in 1931 for both SA & SS - on the right the Political cap eagle as reflected in the party Mitteilungsblatt ,1934.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Vielen dank, Horst!

Such cap badges were indeed worn on SS caps....

to wit.... here you see from right to left, the 1927/9 badge, the 1934 badge (seldom seen...) and the 1936 or so badge on an early cap....happy collecting....my colleagues can do better than I with period photographs and have a clearer idea of dates of wear and the regulations. I think this little party badge was worn also well after 1936, as well, even on black SS caps...
    Attached Images Attached Images Are these early ss eagles? 

here is what I mean....thanks to colleague Bunde and his German interlocutors for this nice image...which I think is from 1937/8...but I do not know. Compare the cap on 4th man from the right with the cap on the right in the post above...thank God for the variety of things in this regalia. Pfui on regulations. In this image you can clearly see those men with the earlier caps which lacked a cap spring and the superstructure of the built-up crown of the later caps, and the loose, unstructured crown of the earlier caps.

Maybe this image is from earlier than 1937, but the later Sturmband cuff titles with aluminum piping are in wear on some of these men, I think.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Thanks for all the help! Nettes foto. Friedrich!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast