Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

TK buttons

Article about: These little buggars have always confused me, I fortunately only have three. On others I have seen the number 63 is in a circle or no circle and turned in various directions...so here they a

?

Default TK buttons

These little buggars have always confused me, I fortunately only have three. On others I have seen the number 63 is in a circle or no circle and turned in various directions...so here they are my two loose buttons for comments, one has been painted (they came separately from the one on the wallet).

I don't want to take the TK off the wallet as the rank pip holding it may break, but I must admit I'm curious. The wallet was sent home to the family here in Denmark after he fell in 1943 together with other documents and photos. He received the EK2 on 7 October 1941 at which time he was still using the side cap with a button.

TK buttonsTK buttonsTK buttonsTK buttonsTK buttonsTK buttonsTK buttons
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture TK buttons  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement TK buttons
    P
    Many

?

I will say they look good to my eye. It's curious though compared to my example the rear markings are engraved or cut in while mine are raised. Either they were made both ways or one of ours is not right.

I stand corrected, I took my button out of the case and examined it and it is engraved like yours. The macro photo gives the illusion that it's raised.

TK buttonsTK buttons
    Regards, Al

?

They confuse the hell out of me, too...I've been needing one for a display but have held off due to my ignorance. I hope this thread enlightens me, as well!

?

It is indeed confusing, in the old days 20-25 years ago only buttons with dots in the eye sockets were considered safe, but who knows....

?

All I can say is that photograph with the three buttons is very convincing regardless of the variation in markings. When you compare the one on the wallet with solid provenance to the two loose buttons they are essentially identical, apart from the finish. I would feel confident to own all three, just my opinion.

These are three from the archives of John T., a very reputable dealer

TK buttonsTK buttons

TK buttonsTK buttons

TK buttonsTK buttons
    Regards, Al