Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TK on a photo album

Article about: Hello, quik question and i hope im correct in this forum. I got a SS album with a lot of good photos - for sure original. On the front is a skull, cant take it off, dont wanna damage it, but

Default TK on a photo album

Hello, quik question and i hope im correct in this forum.

I got a SS album with a lot of good photos - for sure original. On the front is a skull, cant take it off, dont wanna damage it, but could you tell from the pics only front if it could be also (i dont see a reason why only the skull should be fake) a good one? Maybe Overhoff?

Thank you very much

TK on a photo album
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture TK on a photo album   TK on a photo album  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement TK on a photo album
    P
    Many

I'm not too optimistic about it... Looks like a cast fake to me. It lacks detail and presents the typical casting flaws (puffy edges and pits on the surface) For those reasons, in my opinion it's not a good one. Other members with more experience will confirm this.

Also, better and straight up pictures will encourage more replies. The better the pictures the better the feedback.

Regards,
    Miguel.

Oh damn sorry, on my Phone (only have a iphone here) the pics are straight up.

But ya i was afraid so too, i mean its a / looks like a pretty old one and is not beautifull or detailed anymore, was hoping it should be good also because the album and photos in it are 100% original from an Austrian i know.

Greetings and thanks !

I know nothing about skulls but I see there is another hole just above the skull which makes me wonder what was attached to the cover originally..... was it always the skull or has it been added?

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    I know nothing about skulls but I see there is another hole just above the skull which makes me wonder what was attached to the cover originally..... was it always the skull or has it been added?
    True! Didnt even realized that, thanks!
    Im afraid i dont know, i got it like this.

Makes me more feel like its really not a good one, damn. But maybe it was just the first or a fail try to put it on ^^

?

At first glance it looks like a poor copy of an Overhoff skull which tend to be chunky looking and less detailed than the Deschler's or Zimmermann's. On the other hand the skull is so worn that the lack of detail may just be from excessive wear or polishing. My guess is that it's a copy, and without being able to see the rear attachments I couldn't say otherwise. We do have some advanced collectors who can give you a definitive answer with a quick glance, hopefully they will see this thread and educate us further. It's not uncommon to doctor up a genuine TR photo album with fake skulls to entice buyers. I just recently bought an excellent SS album and i was convinced the TK was genuine until I was advised otherwise.

TK on a photo album

Compare to these real ones

TK on a photo albumTK on a photo album
    TK on a photo album

My example on my album, Fake on the left vs Real on the right
    TK on a photo album

Thank you very much for help
    Pretty hard to say, and also good looking photos of the copys. Maybe i can take it off without damage but im afraid its a copy too, even good looking.

?

I wouldn't touch it. I contemplated taking mine off too then changed my mind. You might still get a better answer from our resident experts. Consider the thread bumped up.

Is it possible it's a period copy? Something akin to the breast eagles sometimes seen on Heer albums?

B.B.

I try to upload photos about the size, maybe it helps TK on a photo albumTK on a photo albumTK on a photo album

*edit* Its cm (Centimeters) here in Europe. Damn and i dont know why, on my Smartphone the pics are up straight.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast