Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Totenkopf Authenticity

Article about: Good evening, my Dad has passed on to me a Totenkopf cap badge of which he received when he was younger. Any information on the badge would be greatly appreciated as some details on it diffe

Default Totenkopf Authenticity

Totenkopf Authenticity

Totenkopf Authenticity

Good evening, my Dad has passed on to me a Totenkopf cap badge of which he received when he was younger. Any information on the badge would be greatly appreciated as some details on it differ to any others that I have seen! Under the eye glass you can see RZM but it is to the left hand side, not like I have seen on others.

Thank you in advance - Henry

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Totenkopf Authenticity
    P
    Many

This is an old fake, I think its marked rzm 41. There wss an eagle marked the same. Vince

CBH
    ?

Looks like a fake to me, but please wait for more opinions.

Thanks for the replies guys!, is such a shame as my dad passed it to me almost certain it was genuine! Appreciate the feedback though!

CBH
    ?

These fakes go back to the 60’s or 70’s they were pretty well detailed and fooled many a collector in the pre-internet days. I had a similar one myself for many years I believe to be original, but now I know better. And welcome to the forum.

I recently bought my first skull a few days ago, did some research and realised there was no way it could be real and was a really badly faked repro! (This was after I bought it though!) looking did Save me the embaressment of posting for verification though aha as it was absolutely awful, this one of my dads however looked brilliantly detailed but did have the “rzm” in the wrong place which made me suspicious! So I had to ask!

Thank you very much! The wealth of knowledge here is exceptional! Will hope to acquire some genuine pieces in the future!

CBH
    ?

This is a great forum to learn about SS insignia , you should post it before purchasing. Also go through old threads in the SS section, it will help show what to look for and what to avoid. But collecting SS isn’t for the faint of heart, it can be a real minefield.
    Cheers

?

it's definitely fake, sorry

Don't get discouraged I bought one like this early in my collecting, think it was the m1/122 version. I've bought bad items over the years but it just makes me want to learn more, good luck and welcome to the forum. Vince

Gotta start somewhere & I think I’m in the right place! Thanks again for your replies guys. Keep well!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast