Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Unmarked closed eye TK

Article about: One of my latest aquisitions is this beautiful skull whereas the eyes and nasal cavity are not punched out. I thank Aldo for finding this peice and bringing it to my attention. The seller ha

Default Unmarked closed eye TK

One of my latest aquisitions is this beautiful skull whereas the eyes and nasal cavity are not punched out. I thank Aldo for finding this peice and bringing it to my attention. The seller had it listed as a "closed eye' Deschler. Ive read these unmarked examples were attributed to Deschler but I'm not sure if that is confirmed. Ive seen these with unusual attachments but this one has the more conventional type pins. The skull is just stunning in hand, with a gorgeous copper color patina. Very excited to add this rare one to my collection and thanks again Al!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unmarked closed eye TK   Unmarked closed eye TK  

Unmarked closed eye TK   Unmarked closed eye TK  

Unmarked closed eye TK   Unmarked closed eye TK  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked closed eye TK
    P
    Many

Sorry for the bad pics, heres one from the seller
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unmarked closed eye TK  

?

Wow Dan, that looks amazing. That dark patina is wicked. I don't own one but it looks good to me. here is an example posted by Sid for comparison. Another ant also recently listed one in the classifieds with different attachments, perhaps he will give his valued opinion as well

Credit: Carlsson1982
    Unmarked closed eye TK
    Regards, Al

?

Dan, I could be wrong but I think they are made of tombac. I have an unmarked "Deschler" with the cut out eyes on my cap and It's started to take on that dark patina as well.

Al

Unmarked closed eye TK
    Regards, Al

That is interesting indeed Al, and a beutiful skull and cap btw! There doesnt seem to be a whole lot of info out there on these types. Although there does seem to be a number of different variations, some with eyes and nose stamped through, some not, some with painted eyes and nose, some unpainted, and a number of different pin configurations. I will dig a little deeper here on the forum as Im sure these have been discussed more then once

?

This is an entertaining thread on the subject

Unmarked SS skull: maker?
    Regards, Al

Thanks for the link Al. I found another one with some good pics relevant to this thread

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...gfwgrFc5aY_ARw

Some authentic unmarked Deschlers here.
    I would define it as the great enigma among the SS skulls with many questions, inscrutability, as yourselves shown in the links to dedicated threads, I hope that your curiosity and the little key that yourselves possess will give you the answers to those unknowns .

Unmarked closed eye TK

To be, or not to be, that is the question.
    Jedem das Seine

Quote by Aldo View Post
    Wow Dan, that looks amazing. That dark patina is wicked. I don't own one but it looks good to me. here is an example posted by Sid for comparison. Another ant also recently listed one in the classifieds with different attachments, perhaps he will give his valued opinion as well

Credit: Carlsson1982
    Unmarked closed eye TK
    Funny I just noticed this Al, it looks like Sids skull you posted here somehow made it into my collection, this is indeed my skull that started the thread!

?

That's what I thought Dan but I couldn't be certain from the photo's. That's great collector provenance in my book.
    Regards, Al