Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unmarked Waffen SS skull - mint - Need a mint eagle to complete set

Article about: Hi all, I have this nice unmarked Waffen SS skull. Now looking for a nice mint eagle to join the skull! Thanks! Frederik

Default Unmarked Waffen SS skull - mint - Need a mint eagle to complete set

Hi all,

I have this nice unmarked Waffen SS skull.
    Now looking for a nice mint eagle to join the skull!

Thanks!

Frederik Unmarked Waffen SS skull - mint - Need a mint eagle to complete setUnmarked Waffen SS skull - mint - Need a mint eagle to complete set

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked Waffen SS skull - mint - Need a mint eagle to complete set
    P
    Many

?

I guess you know this unmarked skull is slightly controversial and only hit the market about 2010 onwards ....

?

A nice looking skull. I picked one up last year. The only issue with these specific unmarked skulls is that they seem to be proliferating the market in the last year or so, leading a lot of collectors to be skeptics. I know that in hand it matches perfectly to what I'd expect to see.

Minty Unmarked TK
    Regards, Al

Quote by Aldo View Post
    A nice looking skull. I picked one up last year. The only issue with these specific unmarked skulls is that they seem to be proliferating the market in the last year or so, leading a lot of collectors to be skeptics. I know that in hand it matches perfectly to what I'd expect to see.

Minty Unmarked TK
    Hi Aldo, thanks for sharing yours and the information included. So no doubts this one is genuine? :-)

?

I feel they are genuine based on my observations and comparisons with other known authentic examples. I still feel troubled a little by the recent flooding of the market of these skulls not previously seen. The price should be commensurate with the controversial nature of this skull. You also have to consider resale at some point if you decide to part with the collection. It's always better to go with known authentic examples when possible. The level of fake skulls has improved drastically within the last 5-10 years. I wish I could give you a more definitive answer but as a collector you have to decide.
    Regards, Al

?

Agreed with the colleague above me. Some collectors are sceptic.
    But then again there are some who are suspicious about anything and everything.
    There was a time that European collectors didn't believe the Dachau insignia were authentic.
    To me, the unmarked TK is an original but because of the different opions on these, they are a few hundred USD/EUR cheaper than a M1/52 Deschler.

?

I felt confident enough to put one on my Fewegla visor. While probably not the most appropriate skull for the cap, it looks good for now.

Unmarked Waffen SS skull - mint - Need a mint eagle to complete setUnmarked Waffen SS skull - mint - Need a mint eagle to complete set

Unmarked Waffen SS skull - mint - Need a mint eagle to complete setUnmarked Waffen SS skull - mint - Need a mint eagle to complete set
    Regards, Al

Quote by Eisenhower4 View Post
    Hi all,

I have this nice unmarked Waffen SS skull.
    Now looking for a nice mint eagle to join the skull!

Thanks!

Frederik
    You are in luck, the most appropriate for the unmarked Deschler is the first type of eagles without marking ,too.
    These eagles can be found at a better price than the second type for more advanced skulls in the timeline.
    (although you can't rule out an early second type eagle either, it would be a less likely combination, but I have seen graphic proof of the second eagle model with the earlier version of the unmarked Deschler skull)

As for the doubts planted and disseminated non-stop in another forum by the same trolls, clowns , ghosts and inexperienced fans without knowledge , Claiming that these are fake or even CAST FAKES is ridicolous are just blablablas, smoke , their nonsense will fall as with the Assmann three prongs skull or the Berlin Hoard skulls.

If you are really interested in this subject, investigate, do your job, the key is the resemblance to the m1/52 type skull and the difference with the other intermediate Deschler skulls , look before 1938 for what should not be there at that moment but is.

?

I have been collecting since the early 1970s and find it strange these unmarked skulls only turned up from about 2010 and onwards, not for my collection.

In 2010 all the copies were crude, recognized and there was no advanced means or monetary interest due to the low value of the authentic ones in making an effort to do something decent and high-level like the ones that come out now.

I don't know ,but I think the owner of these caps already had them in his possession many years ago than 2010.

I could also add graphic proofs , but for now I'll keep it to myself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast