Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

About the brown SS service shirt

Article about: I noticed that the brown SS service shirt is a quite long piece of apparel. I don't understand this. What is the purpose of the seemingly unusual length of the shirt? Wouldn't this have been

Default About the brown SS service shirt

I noticed that the brown SS service shirt is a quite long piece of apparel. I don't understand this. What is the purpose of the seemingly unusual length of the shirt? Wouldn't this have been unpractical?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement About the brown SS service shirt
    P
    Many

Shirts were generally of a somewhat longer cut back in those days compared to today, but good-quality shirts are always of a generous length, simply because it prevents the bottom of the shirt from riding upwards and slipping out of the trousers' waistband.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Shirts were generally of a somewhat longer cut back in those days compared to today, but good-quality shirts are always of a generous length, simply because it prevents the bottom of the shirt from riding upwards and slipping out of the trousers' waistband.
    A logical answer!......

About the brown SS service shirtAbout the brown SS service shirtAbout the brown SS service shirtAbout the brown SS service shirtAbout the brown SS service shirtAbout the brown SS service shirtAbout the brown SS service shirtAbout the brown SS service shirtAbout the brown SS service shirt
    and the breeches had a so called Nierenschutz, that is, they rode much higher than the lousy things called pants today.

Clothing was cut with generous fabric to it.

There were several different shirts, in fact, as this list indicates: the popeline shirt with removable collar, the patent Indathren dyed cotton shirt, the sport shirt with the long skirt; and the classic SA short brown shirt with the Bobi Haken. I own all varieties of this long shirt worn under the tunic, but none with the RZM/SS label.

About the brown SS service shirtAbout the brown SS service shirtThe trikotage shirt with the VA SS tag, not mine. I have one of these, but with a normal label.

Perhaps sometimes this was not always the case.

About the brown SS service shirt
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Perhaps sometimes this was not always the case.
    The presence of Anna Semenovich would appear to be sufficient to neutralize all trouser security protocols.

?

Thank you F-B for the quick lesson on brown shirts. As ever I wish you the best.

?

About the brown SS service shirtAbout the brown SS service shirtAbout the brown SS service shirtAbout the brown SS service shirt

In need of a good pressing and some starch but it will do for an example.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast