Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

About stonegrey tunics

Article about: I'm curious to know, did SS ever wear stone-grey (Steingrau) tunics? I know they had stiefelhosen in this color, but I see this color used in tunics in various reproductions and movies, but

Default About stonegrey tunics

I'm curious to know, did SS ever wear stone-grey (Steingrau) tunics? I know they had stiefelhosen in this color, but I see this color used in tunics in various reproductions and movies, but never in real items, so I started to wonder if it's just fantasy...I know the different shades of ''feldgrau'' are endless, but does stonegrey even fall into this category? Are there clear colored photographs of these kind of tunics?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement About stonegrey tunics
    P
    Many

About stonegrey tunicsAbout stonegrey tunicsThe most detailed inquiry into your question is in the three Beaver books. And, as a skeptic of most of what transpires in these spaces, treat what others might offer
    you, especially from the other site, with ample skepticism.

PS this cap was interpreted as erdgrau, and it is ca 1938, and has more grey in it than the pre war field grey, which is quite blue in its greeness.
    But it is field grey. About stonegrey tunicsAbout stonegrey tunicsAbout stonegrey tunicsAbout stonegrey tunicsAbout stonegrey tunics

- - ------- - -

Bob Coleman had a field blouse that came from Jenkins that was grey, and I have an image somewhere of it.

About stonegrey tunicsAbout stonegrey tunicsAbout stonegrey tunicsAbout stonegrey tunicsAbout stonegrey tunicsThis is earth grey of the SSVT ca. 1936

The over coat, I think, is Shea's.

and, field grey was infamous for being a color with a great variety of shades, from the outset. You can see this fact in the extant color photographs where
    various pieces of headwear scarcely match the tunic of blouse. These facts do not appear to have bothered people at the time very much.

Mr. d'Alquen or Mr. Saris likely have a more clever answer than what I have offered you, but I generalize from my collection and an above average interest in these
    things.

About stonegrey tunicsAbout stonegrey tunicsHicks has an earth brown cotton blouse for sale. It is one from the Beaver books. I owned a blouse
    and a side cap of this color in the 1970s, long before these things were faked or anyone had any idea what these things implied....
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 11-01-2016 at 09:47 PM.

About stonegrey tunicsI will refrain from the puerile references to shades of grey in contemporary Sittengeschichte, also.

So much of what I read that is extracted from English language collector books, without rigorous research, and muddled through average or below average minds
    unable to cope with historical complexity, offers the serious collector no hint to the reality of the past.

Collectors discover small distinctions that likely meant nothing to contemporaries, which lived in a more varied and less standardized world than ours.
    At a certain point, Germans wore what ever textile was at hand, granted scarcity and war time rationing.

?

Here is another Drillich example used by the SS-VT in the pre war era. The Color is Grey/green.About stonegrey tunics

About stonegrey tunicsAbout stonegrey tunicsAbout stonegrey tunicsAbout stonegrey tunicsHere is also a field blouse of whatever color from the SSVT, as well.....it is not mine.

About stonegrey tunicsBut this is mine, and it shows you a variety of cotton textiles ca. 1935, to include earth brown for the SS and other branches of the party organizations.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast