Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Algemeine SS Armband New collector wanting to learn

Article about: Hello members, I’m pretty new to collecting and would like advice on the best reference book for collecting. Also, I’d appreciate any information that can be given on this armband. Early

?

Default Algemeine SS Armband New collector wanting to learn

Hello members, I’m pretty new to collecting and would like advice on the best reference book for collecting. Also, I’d appreciate any information that can be given on this armband. Early war? Late War? Manufacturing information? I understand without the RZM that there may be no way to learn anything else without other members experienced input. Thank you for your time, and any input.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Algemeine SS Armband New collector wanting to learn   Algemeine SS Armband New collector wanting to learn  

Algemeine SS Armband New collector wanting to learn   Algemeine SS Armband New collector wanting to learn  

Algemeine SS Armband New collector wanting to learn  
    Last edited by ToddC; 03-25-2022 at 05:48 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Algemeine SS Armband New collector wanting to learn
    P
    Many

?

Quote by ToddC View Post
    Hello members, I’m pretty new to collecting and would like advice on the best reference book for collecting. Also, I’d appreciate any information that can be given on this armband. Early war? Late War? Manufacturing information? I understand without the RZM that there may be no way to learn anything else without other members experienced input. Thank you for your time, and any input.
    If you are looking for a place to start with reference books for SS cloth the Andrew Mollo series is an excellent choice. They aren’t the most recent publications in the genre, however, they have a decent degree of research and reference associated with them that really allows the works to age well.

Your item looks like a nice piece with the typical uniform construction one expects in these wool examples. It appears to me to be one made sometime around 1938 or later.

You also find lots of information and pictures of SS armbands on this forum. Just use search engine on top right corner.
    -TJ-

?

Thank you for replying. I assumed it was 38 or later because of no visible trace of a cloth RZM tag being removed, but I am a newer collector that has a lot to learn. Thanks again.

- - ------- - -

Thanks.

?

Thanks

?

I looked in the Angolia book and there's not much coverage, however he does point out that the two black bands should measure 9 mm. So one more helpful evaluation metric at our disposal. Nice armband!
    Last edited by vibmon; 03-29-2022 at 03:01 PM.

?

Thanks for the information and the compliment on my armband