Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Allgemeine SS sisters EREL

Article about: Hello the forum, I'm pleased to show your 2 pieces o fmy own collection. THE ALLGEMEINE SS SISTERS EREL..... First general views and after the details..... Best Arnaud

?

Default Allgemeine SS sisters EREL

Hello the forum,

I'm pleased to show your 2 pieces o fmy own collection.
    THE ALLGEMEINE SS SISTERS EREL.....

First general views and after the details.....

Best
    Arnaud
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS  sisters EREL   Allgemeine SS  sisters EREL  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine SS  sisters EREL
    P
    Many

?

Wow Arnaud, magnificent caps! I can't wait to see the detailed photo's
    Regards, Al

MAP
    ?

Wow x2. Looking forward to detailed photos so we can learn more!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I was fortunate enough to get one mid-period (36/38) EREL and a later one (39/41)
    You'll see that the first one has a good qualité leather sweatband (DEUTSCHE ARBEIT) and the later has a poor alcord sweat band.
    There's another differences, but I let you find......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS  sisters EREL   Allgemeine SS  sisters EREL  

Allgemeine SS  sisters EREL   Allgemeine SS  sisters EREL  

?

The chinstraps to compare : (one in leather the other in "presstof" )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS  sisters EREL  

?

Athor, thank you for posting your caps in detail, It is certainly helpful to us fellow collectors.

Excuse me as I don't want to divert away from your marvelous caps but this a perfect reference thread for distinguishing various characteristics. I recently bought a cap by Mueller that I do not have in my possession yet. I did notice that mine has the same later sweat band you describe as alcord. Is alcord an artificial leather ? The 39/41 manufacture makes sense to me now as my cap has a zimmermann totenkopf badge of 1941 manufacture which looks original and untouched.

Also, is it possible to see the rear of the prestoff chinstrap without disturbing the cap too much? I would be curious to see the back of an ersatz chinstrap as the one shown actually looks like a quality leather with a slight sheen.

Thank you, Al
    Regards, Al

?

Sorry Aldo, but I can't offer better view of the inside of the late chinstrap. The material is dry and I risk to tear it...

I hope you understand.....

Regards.

ARNAUD

?

Others views : rear and top.
    You will notice an EREL caracteristic...The thick upper piping

For Aldo : alcord is something like oilcloth, look like synthetic leather....I don't know the exact word in english...sorry

MAP
    ?

Thanks for the additional photos. Beautiful visors!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by ATHOR View Post
    Sorry Aldo, but I can't offer better view of the inside of the late chinstrap. The material is dry and I risk to tear it...

I hope you understand.....

Regards.

ARNAUD
    Yes I do understand, my chinstraps are equally dry on my visors and cannot see the back either. Thank you for the response
    Regards, Al

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast