Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Allgemeine SS-VT Tunic to share with you

Article about: Robert is a very fine man, whom I regard highly. I believe this is not a Verfuegungstruppe uniform, but from a member of the Allgemeine SS. The later species of tunic, from 1936/ 1937 ish on

?

Default Re: Allgemeine SS-VT Tunic to share with you

True, there seems to be a few different camps on that sort of thing. I think a cap that never has seen insignia is harder to come by than one that has so I will leave it. It just means I have to hunt for a visor that does have a set attached. I will wait though, I almost went ahead with the visor on the Empire site but with tax and premiums it added an extra 25%! Like senior members say, it is kind of like fishing.

Regards,

CMH
    Last edited by DrCMH; 05-11-2013 at 03:10 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine SS-VT Tunic to share with you
    P
    Many

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    Perhaps you are not in error though, the metal items on this tunic are all heavily marked and he does have a label inside indicating SS-Sturm 7/31. Does this follow with your initial thoughts? The label also indicates he is an SS-Mann but other documents list him as Rottenführer until his discharge from the SS. Is it possible that he could have moved between the two? Forgive my ignorance on this, I am still trying to understand the structure in the SS.

Regards,

CMH

31 denotes Standarte 31 of the Allgemeine SS, and the 7 is the 7th Sturm of same. There are many examples of Allgemeine SS persons going onto a career in the SSVT and in some cases back again, though generally life in the SSVT carried on into the Waffen SS granted the onset of mobilization and war. Service in the SSVT fulfilled the requirements of conscription. You have to examine the man's file. As I have written elsewhere ad infinitum, the SS was in the process of constant change in its short, violent existence.
    Attached Images Attached Images Allgemeine SS-VT Tunic to share with you 

top shelf item,i like it

I can only endorse what others have posted about Robert's honesty and integrity.

?

nice history, looks great

Allgemeine SS-VT Tunic to share with youAllgemeine SS-VT Tunic to share with youAllgemeine SS-VT Tunic to share with youAllgemeine SS-VT Tunic to share with youAllgemeine SS-VT Tunic to share with youAllgemeine SS-VT Tunic to share with youAllgemeine SS-VT Tunic to share with youSSVT tunic....
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-06-2013 at 02:23 AM.

Thanks to Bill Shea and Bruce Herman for these images, and I actually took a couple with the Brownie box camera.

?

This was the first major addition to my beginning collection. Robert's photos are so much better than mine, I'm certain he would not mind if I post a few from his website from when this set was being offered. It was the first SS tunic I had ever handled and I have learned much from its construction.

Allgemeine SS-VT Tunic to share with youAllgemeine SS-VT Tunic to share with you

As FB had mentioned in his posts at the time, it is, indeed, not a VT tunic such as the extremely nice items he has posted above. Each time I see his San. Abt. Montur I just dream of something of the like, I could own that set and quite happily stop collecting there.

My first tunic does not have any SS markings on the hardware or buttons. It appears as though it is privately tailored. In fact, the tunic is what is currently considered a full canvas construction, as illustrated in the figure I pinched from the internet below for those unfamiliar with this aspect of tailoring fine suits.
    Allgemeine SS-VT Tunic to share with you

The set also includes these breeches:
    Allgemeine SS-VT Tunic to share with youAllgemeine SS-VT Tunic to share with youAllgemeine SS-VT Tunic to share with you

I have gotten some nice things from Robert and have learned so much from this first purchase. I have also learned so much from FB and several other pillars of our little community here and I am quite thankful. My thanks to all of those who initially replied with opinions and congratulatory remarks, any success in my collecting is directly attributable to your interventions.

Best regards,

CMH
    Last edited by DrCMH; 06-12-2013 at 08:58 AM.

Glad we are that your collection has grown and prospered.

?

I remember when Robert listed this grouping, a very nice unbadged set.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast