Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another weekend SS buckram collar tab thread.

Article about: Hi Forum, I hope you are all having a pleasant weekend. I am looking at these two tabs. Both dirty and stained. My spider sense tells me these are no good. My reasons are that the white stit

?

Default Another weekend SS buckram collar tab thread.

Hi Forum,

I hope you are all having a pleasant weekend. I am looking at these two tabs. Both dirty and stained.
    My spider sense tells me these are no good. My reasons are that the white stitchings on the front are not centered as in all originals. (leaving no space till the edge)
    Secondly, there are no white stitchings on the backside. The quality of the buckram however seems okay to me. The cloth on the backside looks rough but on the front it looks too thin, worn out even.

Another weekend SS buckram collar tab thread.Another weekend SS buckram collar tab thread.Another weekend SS buckram collar tab thread.

I hope someone can tell me that I am wrong on these tabs. Many thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another weekend SS buckram collar tab thread.
    P
    Many

Hello.
    I also don't like both collar tabs.
    As you have observed yourself, the oversized eblem, the lack of markings on the back (white stitching),
    are signs of fakes.
    I want to relate two of my observations.
    The white dots in the back can only be seen in fakes.
    In the case of the camp collar tab, in the case of originals the vertical line is continuous , in the case of the fake the opposite.
    Regards, Jannis.
    Another weekend SS buckram collar tab thread. Another weekend SS buckram collar tab thread.

?

Johanis, thank you very much for your observations. I always appreciate your input. I did not even notice the vertical line is missing! Too many red flags indeed. Proofs that the hobby of collecting these tabs are a true sport.

Hello.
    I am also a new collector, we have to study and be careful.
    Buckram, is just an indic, I have seen fakes with original buckram and the other way around.
    I'll add an example, delta fake with original buckram.
    By the way,one of the feature of delta fakes is that the white markings are far outwards, like on the example.
    Regards, Jannis.
    Another weekend SS buckram collar tab thread. Another weekend SS buckram collar tab thread.

?

Hey Johanis,

I am still amazed by the above SS-TV tab you showed. The front skull looks so well made for a fake. Below two are for sale as originals. Apart from the marking you showed on the back I cannot tell the difference. Are these Delta fakes of such high quality?

Quote by Vocht View Post
    Hey Johanis,

I am still amazed by the above SS-TV tab you showed. The front skull looks so well made for a fake. Below two are for sale as originals. Apart from the marking you showed on the back I cannot tell the difference. Are these Delta fakes of such high quality?

Hello.
    Unfortunately I don't have a better photo of a Delta skull collar tab.
    The characteristics of a Delta fake are the fabric, the thicker thread as in the originals in the stitching and in the back
    the markings (white thread) are almost at the edge.
    I add for more infos and to compare two links and photos.
    I think a good example is the Prinz Eugen collar tab.
    Regards,Jannis.
    I am unsure about this one... need help! thanks! =)
    Prinz Eugen collar tab Original/Fake and comparison with other type

Here is an original Dachau TK tab you can compare with.
    Dachau TK Tab
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I believe I never had a Delta fake in my hands. The texture if I zoom in really close looks much rougher than on the originals. On the SS-TV examples you can clearly see the difference in thread thickness indeed. Thank you for your input.

It surely is a minefield isn't it

not the Delta fakes but old fakes for sure

Quote by johanis1860 View Post
    Hello.
    By the way,one of the feature of delta fakes is that the white markings are far outwards, like on the example.
    Regards, Jannis.
    Keep in mind that the white stitching won't always be in the same place. See my example here, while not as close to the edge as your example certainly is a little further than commonly seen: 3 SS Panzer Division TK Kragenspiegel

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast