Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Auction pickup

Article about: Hi, Not sure if this is the right section for this but I think from what I've read the cuff titles seem to relate to a police/ss unit in the war but not sure. I've uploaded some pictures of

Default Auction pickup

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right section for this but I think from what I've read the cuff titles seem to relate to a police/ss unit in the war but not sure.

I've uploaded some pictures of a framed grouping i picked up recently at an auction before I came across this forum and read new collectors should avoid buying from them Ah well only paid £60 and still like how it looks so not a great loss.

The lot came with a heavy steal eagle which almost looks like it was black at some stage before turning decidedly relic like.

What I am hoping to find out is what the 3 middle patches are trying to copy as i've searched different dealers and can't seem to find similar. Maybe they are just really poor copies.

I will be sticking to main dealers for future purchases until I get a bit more experience as seems less chance of picking up fakes and as usual I appreciate any information you can provide.

Thanks, Dave.

Auction pickup Auction pickup Auction pickup Auction pickup Auction pickup Auction pickup Auction pickup

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Auction pickup
    P
    Many

I'm not getting a warm feeling from the cloth items. What size is the metal badge and what does the back look like?

All look to be typical Pakistani embroidered reproductions , One of those cufftitle's had it been original would have been over £1000 at least! The roughly cast eagle looks like a repro of an NSDAP pole top Regards Paul

Buy yourself a couple of good textbooks on the theme you intend to collect to begin with and remember, genuine/original items hold their value. Copies, fakes etc generally have no resale value at all!

All junk, sorry.

Hopefully, lesson learned.

Yes certainly glad I didn’t pay a lot for it and had a good idea was fake given lack of cost.

I will indeed start doing a lot more reading up and some of the other forum members have sent me some dealer’s contacts who I’ll be using instead of auctions.

The metal eagle looks pretty much the same on the back but obviously in reverse with a small threaded hole in the base. It’s not a hollow casting as such and is about size of a man’s hand. Given the frame is junk I suspect this is as well. Ah well, never mind.

Cheers,
    Dave.

?

Drop all that stuff into the appropriate recycling bins and keep the display case for your first worthy items... Having bought some good reference books first, of course.
    You can never go wrong with a good book! They can be pricey, but they are well worth the expense to set you on the right path.

Joining this forum was a smart move, too!

Recycling is best thing for them.

My plan is over time replace the titles and patches with authentic items as I think the presentation looks well.

There is another post I started recently in the SS section where 2 small pieces I purchased have been given the thumbs up. One of the members has also recommended some good books which I will try and get my hands on and spend more time reading this forum.

Many thanks, Dave.