Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

"BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake

Article about: I appreciate this thread as well, i have recently been attempting to track down some Totenkopf items and this well help me lots. I know about black-light but how do I tell with the burn test

Default Re: "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake

Thanks Guys for the kind comments.

If this thread prevents just one person from getting burned buying a fake title, I will be happy.

I will try and do some other similar threads in the future.

Cheers, Ade.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake
    P
    Many

good info ade!

?

Ade , what a life saver this thread was, a guy i know had a Reichsfuhrer-SS cuff title going cheap £150 ,i thought great i had some spare money that i got for my birthday so i thought why not, i knew he was a bit hard up hence the price , he let me have the thing over the weekend just to get some info on it , i remembered your thread and checked the back thoroughly , the back was literally all salt and no pepper so no deal. My life would have been hell as the wife was looking at the thread as well to make sure i didnt put my size tens in where they shouldnt have been, so harmony is restored and i have £150 in my pocket ,well done that man.

ado
    ?

Hello, i had chance of buying these Wiking, Prince Eugen and Totenkopf armband they do have RMZ marks but for some reason they still look little suspicious to me, can someone help and let me know if they are fake or real.

Thanks, Ado
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake   "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake  

"BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake  

These are all bad. These are the "bookmark" type fake I talk about and illustrate in post 2.

The RZM pattern title is bad too.

The RZM labels are bad as well. Easy to spot as they only have four numbers.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    A third fake "Bevo" title. Again the edge weave is wrong. I am sure you can all see this now

I hope this helps?

Cheers, Ade.
    Ade,

Thank you for sharing this knowledge, for that we are all better armed (pictures paint a 1000 words).
    At the end of the day any serious forger will buy the right stuff before they go into their production or they're stupid, which I am sure they are not.
    There appears to be a lot of 'knowledge is power' at times and comments with cryptic bollocks or 'its wrong' but no further comment.
    This plain speak levels the playing field, particularly for the young guys/girls, they (the forger or lazy dealer passing it on) will have to get it 100% correct which you won't do ever, they might have to get a proper job if the 'glassnost (spelling?)' continues from everyone who has something to contribute.
    Yes it is telling them what they got wrong( I'm sure they alraedy know) but it is helping a lot more people not get caught out.

Thanks

Jock

this thread is one of the best I've seen on the subject.. for someone who is really new to collecting this stuff it was very valuable, thanks Ade!

Am I to understand that the "bookmark" type of design is cloth with the small diamond pattern in the weave??
    What is the black light and burn test??

Great thread

Quote by FJ5 chally View Post
    Am I to understand that the "bookmark" type of design is cloth with the small diamond pattern in the weave??
    What is the black light and burn test??
    The bookmark type can be seen clearly in post number 14.

The blacklight is a Ultra Violet light: when shone over some fakes the white /grey parts of the weave will glow a bright neon blue white.
    The burn test: take a small thread and burn it. Modern thread will burn into a hard ball and not turn to ash. Do a search on the forum as both these subjects are covered in much more detail elsewhere.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast