Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

"BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake

Article about: I appreciate this thread as well, i have recently been attempting to track down some Totenkopf items and this well help me lots. I know about black-light but how do I tell with the burn test

Default Re: "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake

OK> Now you have all read this thread and know how to spot a good Bevo title

But just to end, here is a comparison between a good original and a fake of the SS Polizie cuff title. Look at the back and observe the weave. Very easy now to see the original.

There is one final trait found on many good Bevo SS cuff titles which I would like to bring to your attention. Observe the edge bands on the front of the title. Look at the original. You will see that the original has what I like to call a "sawtooth edge" to it. It is not completely solid looking. Now this trait can very according to how tight the weave was. But the "sawtooth edge" is not found on fakes.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake   "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake
    P
    Many

An original once again with the "Sawtooth edge"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Original again, but here the weave is tighter so the "sawtooth edge" is not quite so apparent, but is still there.

No member of the forum should ever buy a fake again once they have read this thread.

Hope this all helps?

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake  

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Original again, but here the weave is tighter so the "sawtooth edge" is not quite so apparent, but is still there.

No member of the forum should ever buy a fake again once they have read this thread.

Hope this all helps?

Cheers, Ade.
    Ade it's of enormous help mate , hopefully people will read it !!!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Thanks Ade, for a most informative thread.
    This will save some people big money.
    Tom

Gday all,
    Just thought I would post the infamous 61/35 fake brevo RZM tag set that is sometimes attached to reproduced Cufftitles.
    Encountered a set on a Cufftitle on E-Bay which ended with these images from a retailer of such items in the USA.

"BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake"BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake

I discovered 61/35 was a original tag but it's possibly the most commonly reproduced brevo fake on the market and is still available ex USA for the princely sum of $4.00 US ea.
    Hope this helps someone out there spot a potential fake.
    All the best
    Dave

Hello there,

Going to post hi-resolution images of a good bevo.

Hope this helps.

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake   "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake  

"BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake
    Quote by Thanatos View Post
    Gday all,
    Just thought I would post the infamous 61/35 fake brevo RZM tag set that is sometimes attached to reproduced Cufftitles.
    Encountered a set on a Cufftitle on E-Bay which ended with these images from a retailer of such items in the USA.

"BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake"BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake

I discovered 61/35 was a original tag but it's possibly the most commonly reproduced brevo fake on the market and is still available ex USA for the princely sum of $4.00 US ea.
    Hope this helps someone out there spot a potential fake.
    All the best
    Dave
    An unending story. Contrast. "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake"BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake"BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake"BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake"BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake"BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake"BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake"BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake"BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake"BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake"BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake"BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake"BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-05-2012 at 04:25 PM.

Adrian you are a rock! Thanks a lot for all your effort to help us newcomers in the hobby.

?

so is this real? its always been in the house along with other family things...."BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast