Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

"Canteen" PX ring - probably ground dug

Article about: Came across this piece and to me it looks like a ground dug version of one of the "canteen" rings soldiers could buy. Given the finish, I am inclined to think the material is silve

Default "Canteen" PX ring - probably ground dug

Came across this piece and to me it looks like a ground dug version of one of the "canteen" rings soldiers could buy. Given the finish, I am inclined to think the material is silver. Comments welcome!

"Canteen" PX ring - probably ground dug"Canteen" PX ring - probably ground dug"Canteen" PX ring - probably ground dug"Canteen" PX ring - probably ground dug"Canteen" PX ring - probably ground dug"Canteen" PX ring - probably ground dug

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Canteen" PX ring - probably ground dug
    P
    Many

Moved to the TR ring section.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks, forgot about that section.

Sorry but I don‘t like the look of it at all. It looks cast, which would explain all of those pits. If it's silver, there should be a silver mark as on all other silver Kantineringe. I don‘t see a silver mark in the photos here.

Also, even if it is ground-dug, that means nothing nowadays. Even if it came out of the ground, you don‘t know where, how or when it got in the ground. The fakers are not above burying a dodgy ring for a few months or longer and then 'discovering' it with a metal detector. Sorry but I wouldn't have it in my collection.

Not one for me, looks of poor quality and artificial aging.
    John

[QUOTE=SpitfireVb;2223632]
    Quote by akriener View Post
    Came across this piece and to me it looks like a ground dug version of one of the "canteen" rings soldiers could buy. Given the finish, I am inclined to think the material is silver. Comments welcome!

Sorry but I don‘t like the look of it at all. It looks cast, which would explain all of those pits. If it's silver, there should be a silver mark as on all other silver Kantineringe. I don‘t see a silver mark in the photos here.

Also, even if it is ground-dug, that means nothing nowadays. Even if it came out of the ground, you don‘t know where, how or when it got in the ground. The fakers are not above burying a dodgy ring for a few months or longer and then 'discovering' it with a metal detector. Sorry but I wouldn't have it in my collection.
    Good things to consider going forward, thanks for the info!

?

That ring could have been ground dug, if it's been underneath the ground since the roman empire, or lost near Chernobyl. I'd also pass.