Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Collartab real or fake

Article about: I am actually a kriegsmarine artillery equipment collector but my first post on this nice forum is about this collartab. I found it yesterday on a local antique market, I’m not expecting i

Default Collartab real or fake

I am actually a kriegsmarine artillery equipment collector but my first post on this nice forum is about this collartab.

I found it yesterday on a local antique market, I’m not expecting it’s a real one but you never know and maybe I will be surprised.

Hope to hear your thoughts about it:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Collartab real or fake   Collartab real or fake  

Collartab real or fake  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Collartab real or fake
    P
    Many

Louie,

I believe this to be a reproduction, On the back side you can see on the right a dotted line which may be either the cut line for the fabric to wrap around the buckram or a stitch line for the sewing, but I think there is too much fabric on the backside.

I have two in my collection that have these exact same dots and I was told that these were Polish reproductions.. Albiet very good and would fool many.

I would wait until someone else with more experience with the SS rank collar tabs before taking what I say for solid confirmation.

I have attached an image of the backside of one of the ones I have that was identified as reproduction, and you can see the white dotted lines..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Collartab real or fake   Collartab real or fake  

Collartab real or fake  

This is a good site that shows the detailing expected on these types of collar tabs The Marshals Baton
    Cheers
    Paul

Many thanks for the reply, I will take a good look on the mentioned website!

This one is in my collection
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Collartab real or fake