Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Could this be authentic? Possible SS Tunic

Article about: Hello all! I was curious as to see if others may be able to authenticate this tunic on this site. It is being advertised as an "Elite Officer Tunic", so the seller may not be fully

Default Could this be authentic? Possible SS Tunic

Hello all!

I was curious as to see if others may be able to authenticate this tunic on this site. It is being advertised as an "Elite Officer Tunic", so the seller may not be fully familiar with SS insignia. I can't tell if there was ever a sleeve eagle present, nor should-straps, and much of the tunic appears damaged and well-worn. I understand photos can only do so much, and these aren't exactly the best, any assistance in seeing if this is a good chance of being the "real thing" would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,

JDR
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Could this be authentic? Possible SS Tunic   Could this be authentic? Possible SS Tunic  

Could this be authentic? Possible SS Tunic   Could this be authentic? Possible SS Tunic  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Could this be authentic? Possible SS Tunic
    P
    Many

Welcome to the forum ...be prepared to give answers to the most renown of teachers in this arena of study..I feel these 2 photos may not be enough ..but wait for the teachers replies who study these uniforms intently.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Others more qualified than myself will give you a definite answer, but IMO no good. Could be the photo but the collar looks green, the tabs are in remarkably good condition and are on the wrong way, so I suspect placed there by someone who recently purchased an aftermarket tab set and placed them on there to sex it up. Im sure there are other tells pocket cut, button configuration, construction,fabric materials, etc others can expand on. Again JMO. Welcome to the forum btw! Best regards.

Brian

Could this be authentic? Possible SS Tunic

I'll provide what info/photos I can. This tunic is not mine (yet, perhaps). I'm just trying to be EXTRA careful in purchasing uniforms such as these, and now trying to reach out to those more learned than I. I've been burned before on lesser items, but these I don't want to risk leaping before looking. Thanks for replying.

JDR

I thought as much. Many thanks.

Standartenführer collar tabs for reference

Standartenfuhrer collar tabs

Your item is a Bundesgrenzschutz tunic from the 1950s or so with embellished SS insignia.

It is also true that certain SS figures had tunics not wholly unlike this one, but the textile is the BGS color. Compare the cap with the pocket, and
    you see the darker BGS forest and or police green shade etc. It is not field grey of the epoch, i.e. say, 1939 until 1944 or so. Field grey
    varied in a very wide range, also, but I grew up with BGS uniforms made into SS uniforms. They were the stock and trade
    of the Great Dr. Breuer, who lives on well after his rotten self turned to Bavarian dust.

Sorry.Could this be authentic? Possible SS TunicCould this be authentic? Possible SS TunicCould this be authentic? Possible SS TunicCould this be authentic? Possible SS TunicCould this be authentic? Possible SS TunicCould this be authentic? Possible SS Tunic

tunic photo Hermann Historica.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-06-2017 at 04:34 PM.

Don't be. I didn't buy it, and not going to. You guys were exactly what I was looking for.

Quote by Nottheface View Post
    Don't be. I didn't buy it, and not going to. You guys were exactly what I was looking for.
    The whole thing is not especially pleasant, but the truth is very hard with these things.

Certain SS officers indeed wore tunics not unlike this. The Dolchschlitz there has either been added or was for a pistol.
    I..e. the pistol was worn on a belt under the tunic and over the shoulder and so forth.

Quote by Nottheface View Post
    You might also consider joining the solid citizen organization here, i.e. the ten or twenty five dollar rank, so as to further the work, granted that we likely just
    saved you more than USD 25.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast